Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New member intro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New member intro

Hey guys, just signed up after reading through a ton of info on this site. Most BBQ info I've come across. I've been Barbeque'ing for around 30 years or so. I'd say, about 20 years ago I made the switch to charcoal/wood from gas grills. I'll never look back. I fire up the old Weber kettle about 3 or 4 times a week. (I hate doing dishes, especially pots and pans). I also fire up my WSM about once a month. My name Ninja Q, is mostly because of my heritage. I am Redneck-a-nese. Mom is Japanese from Japan in 1967. My dad is a redneck from America. Thus making me Redneck-a-nese. I like all types of BBQ, from Texas style to Memphis to Carolina styles to California style. I live in So Cal. I like to use some Japanese flavors and traditional American styles too.
    Can't think of much else to say. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. Oh ya, I'm an electrician and can help out with any electrical questions you guys may have.
    Thanks, glad to be a member here

Welcome, i'm interested in hearing about some of these Japanese flavors you mention.

And since you brought it up, have you ever seen houses where bulbs go out constantly? People say it is me for many dubious reasons but it has been like this in my last 2 houses. For example I use the kitchen a lot, I have about 12 bulbs in there, I have one go out at least once a month. I got a box of 36 of the led ones (have tried all kinds from floods to cfl) and I went through the box over the course of about 3 months. 6 of these have gone out in the month or so since swapping them out, 2 within a week. It is insane. I have lived in my current house for 8 years and have never replaced probably 80% of the bulbs, but the ones I do replace go out constantly.

I don't really expect an answer but I saw 3 out just this morning and your mentioning electricity made me vent

Comment

Hi john, thanks for the welcome. Your lighting situation sure sounds annoying. Could be many different things. Neutral wires with loose connections can cause voltage fluctuations which potentially can kill your bulbs before their time. Incoming voltage spikes from your utility provider too. Although getting them to admit it is a whole thing on its own. Some cheaper lamps (bulbs) just aren't made that well. Happy to help you with venting.
      As far as Japanese flavors go, they can be delicious on the Q. I like to incorporate miso paste into some pastes ( marinades, wet rubs, etc.) I like hot/spicy foods. So I like to use Togarashi in rubs too. Togarashi is a blend of hot red peppers with things like orange peel, sesame seeds, and ginger. Really tasty sprinkle. Of course teriyaki is a regular on my BBQ rotation too. I fish a lot. So things like teriyaki and wasabi glazed seared bluefin tuna hit the grill quite a bit too. Even just brushing some soy sauce on a quick hot cooked steak is delicious. Soy, miso, orange glazed St. Louis ribs are a favorite among my family and friends. Maybe as I continue here, I'll include some pics and info on my Redneck a nese style BBQ.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit!! I love Japanese food. Some of the best. We are glad your here, looking forward to seeing some pictures of your cooks.

Comment

Welcome aboard!

Comment

Welcome, Ninja Q ! Nice to see someone else from SoCal... there are a few of us here representing sunny socal (@Breadhead, eugenek etc.). Lots of great umami flavors from japanese ingredients. I took Harry Soo's class in diamond bar (highly recommended) and he likes to use a lot of great asian flavors. I made his miso marinated short ribs... sooo good!

Looking forward to some of your recipers and pictures.

Cheers! Paul

Comment

Thanks for the warm welcomes from everyone. Can't wait to participate here

Comment

Welcome Ninja Q. Glad you're aboard.

Comment

Welcome Ninja Q

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Ninja Q . We're glad you're here!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Ninja Q! Great intro post, thanks for joining up with us!

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list in case you are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit! I am fascinated by different regional styles of BBQ. I would like to some day do some sampling of eastern Kentucky mutton Q. My son and daughter live in Texas and South Carolina respectively, so I am most familiar with those styles. I have experienced so some Mephis Q, but no authentic Kansas City style. My home state of Louisiana is big on food, but not much on Q. However there are a few respectablejoints around.

Comment

Ninja Q, Welcome To The Pit! You should be able to expand our Tastes! Eat WellAnd Prosper! From Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X
                          false
                          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                          false
                          false
                          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                          Yes
                          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here