Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GrillGrate Brad here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GrillGrate Brad here

Well its about darn time I got to saying hello! Meathead is our go to guru for all things BBQ and grilling. Congrats on your upcoming book MH! I am sure it will be a best seller!

Welcome abroad, well you know. It will be fun,enjoy the ride.

Comment

Welcome GrillGrate Brad

Comment

Hi, Brad ... Welcome!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit GrillGrate Brad. Does your tag indicate that you use GrillGrates? If so, what do you use them on? I would be interested in your tip.

Comment

• LA Pork Butt
            LA Pork Butt commented
            Editing a comment
            GrillGrate Brad Thanks. That helps a lot. I am assuming, "I do most of my grilling at 400F at the dial for burgers, chops even chicken (hot and fast chicken)." refers to dome temperature with the grill grates on which means 500-600 on the grill grates. Correct?

• GrillGrate Brad
            GrillGrate Brad commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes- 400F at the DOME Dialm= 550F to 600F which in my opinion is the sweet spot of grate grilling. I do use an infrared gun to measure GrillGrate temps. I find it very helpful to see hot spots and yes there are hot spots on EGGS at high temps, kind of a lumpy heat. GrillGrates help a lot but there is still quite a bit of variation on Kamados at high temps.

• LA Pork Butt
            LA Pork Butt commented
            Editing a comment
            https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/me...rillgrate-brad Once again thanks this is really helpful stuff. I put out an inquiry a while back, but didn't get much help. Once again thanks very much.

Could it be? The one...The only Brad???!!!

Comment

Welcome GrillGrate Brad! We're glad you're here.

@Everyone else Brad is the owner of GrillGrates. Give him a big welcome!

Comment

Welcome GrillGrate Brad !

Great to see you here!

Comment

Welcome, Grill Grates are awesome!

Comment

Love my Grill Grates!

Comment

Great to see you in the Pit Brad. I won the rec tec mini/Grillgrates contest and I love them both! GrillGrates are the best way I know to sear a steak, especially if they are turned upside down! Solid sear across the surface.

Comment

Welcome, GrillGrate Brad! Love my grillgrate for the Green Egg! I'm in Kennesaw, just down I-75 from you guys!
                      Last edited by DJ DeSpain; January 26, 2016, 07:25 PM.

Comment

Welcome GrillGrate Brad. Just got a set for Christmas. Like them a lot so far. Any advice using them for fish?

Comment

• GrillGrate Brad
                          GrillGrate Brad commented
                          Editing a comment
                          You will love grilling fish on GrillGrates and the GrateTool really shines with fish. I wrote this for Angler Magazine a few tips for grilling fish:
                          1. Oil the fish then season. Lightly coat with olive oil or avocado oil if grilling very hot for fish such as tuna or wahoo. The oil helps the seasoning stick to and penetrate the flesh. The oil also helps when the fish is placed on the grill to prevent sticking.
                          2. Grill on a HOT / clean grill. Most people don't grill fish hot enough. Oil the GrillGrates (use a paper towel with Canola oil or grill spray) just before putting fish on the grill.
                          3. Don't touch it! Leave the fish sitting where it hits to allow searing and better release. Grill 60% of time before turning and cook to finish. One flip is enough.
                          4. Two skewers are better than one. Smaller shrimp and scallops are ideal to skewer but only one skewer allows them to rotate and some will not turn. Using two skewers solves this dilemma and makes turning all at once easy.
                          5. Leave the skin on. Think of the skin as a flame shield and flavor savor. Grill skin down and baste but never turn.
                          6. Marinade for added flavor and moisture. Simple oil and spice mixtures are easy and flavorful. Give the fish a soak prior to grilling.
                          7. Use GrillGrates. The raised rail design coupled with the GrateTool make it easy to handle fish and prevent sticking. Fish can't fall through the grill and the wide raised rails sear even the most delicate fish making it easy to lift and turn with the GrateTool.
                          If you are new to grilling fish, start with firmer fish such as salmon, mahi mahi, snapper etc. Oil and season the fish and grill it hot and fast like at steak.

Welcome to The Pit GrillGrate Brad!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit GrillGrate Brad! Glad to have you here with us. Look forward to all you can contribute!

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos.

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X
                          false
                          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                          false
                          false
                          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                          Yes
                          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here