Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from Maine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from Maine

My name is Ken and I've enjoyed the Amazing Ribs site for a few years now. I'm happy to become a member and, in some small way, support the site.

I was born in Iowa, grew up in Kansas, and moved to Maine 7 years ago after retiring to be near family. I've been told most folks are smart enough to move south to retire. After high school, I spent four years in the USAF with tours in Germany and Pakistan (back in the 60's when few in the U.S. could locate it on a map). I occasionally bbq'd over the years but wasn't that good at it. Besides, living in eastern Kansas there was no shortage of decent BBQ joints nearby. Maine, however, is another story. After the first couple years here I was sorely missing some good Q, so I decided I needed to do it myself. As my skills gradually improved I began enjoying it more and more. I guess an old dog can learn new tricks!

Anyway, it's good to be on board here. I look forward to reading about others' experiences and techniques and learning from them.

Good to meet you, i'm still not sure too many could locate Pakistan sadly. I flew into Maine in the military, just had enough time for a few Bangor's Best before flying out, but it looked like a beautiful place. I had come straight from Saudi and hadn't seen green in months so everything looked unreal.

Comment

Hey Ken! Glad to have you here, and thanks for the support. Greta job filling out your signature! If you have a minute, be sure to check out Pit Boss' Welcome & Announcements channel and the tips posts in there. These will help you navigate around here and learn the best way to post pics.

Ever grill any lobster??

Comment

hello from the other side of the country sunny California. First THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and to all of you vets thank you from the bottom of or hearts we LOVE YOU ALL. Our world is a better place with you all. retire in Maine we all do things for family enjoy.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Geezer! Nice job on the signature!

I really enjoyed Maine the few times I was there. Coincidentally, like John, the first time I was there I was flying a mission in the USAF. We took time to stop by Booth Bay Harbor and I had some really awesome coffee called Moosehead. Oh, the lobster wasn't bad either

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here