Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hiya, Oneshotxn here ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hiya, Oneshotxn here ...

Hi, I'm Rick and I go by Oneshotxn which is part of my philosophy in life. I am always willing to try new things twice: Once to try it and a second time to make sure it won't kill me. Since I got older and discovered what pain really is, I've toned down to giving new things a one shot try. If I like it I keep on one shotting it until infinity.

I live just a tad bit north of Detroit Michigan in a suburb called Madison Heights. My day job is with a local automotive company.

I've like barbecuing pretty much my whole adult life, but in 2005-2006 I got introduced to "true" smoked meat. I new I found my forever love - BBQ Ribs!. After too much dithering on how to go about doing 'smoker stuff' on a charcoal and/or a propane grill for a year or so, I got my first smoker, a GOSM from Wally World on clearance for less than $80. That thing lasted until 2012 (RIP). I replaced my original GOSM with another propane 'Big Block' GOSM from Landmann.

Before discovering AR, it never occurred to me to try anything else but propane as a fuel source and a food source other than chicken wings and ribs. So I am giving charcoal a shot with my Akorn. Large learning curve, but I'm getting there. I've expanded to pulled pork, a turkey (first one in 2015), and bacon wrapped most anything .

I joined AR after a couple of months ghosting the site. I've always maintained that if I use something more than twice and had good results, then I should support it. All you guys really opened up my eyes on improving technique and trying new things.

Thanks for letting me on board!

-Rick

Welcome to the Pit (Oneshotxn)! Glad to have you aboard. Looking forward to your posts/pictures of your cooks, and helping any way I can.

Comment

Hi Rick. Welcome to The Pit. Glad you gave it a oneshot try. Hope you enjoy it and get something out of it and continue to oneshot us indefinitely!

Comment

Welcome (Oneshotxn)

Comment

Welcome to The Pit (Oneshotxn)! Glad to have you here and thanks for the support. Nice job on your signature!

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos.

Also, it's very important that you add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list in case you are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Welcome to the neighborhood.

Comment

Welcome and thanks for the support!!

I'm currently under fire, kids don't have school on Friday. All the boys have guns and have killed each other multiple times but amazingly no one has dropped.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit! For many of us charcoal or wood is king.

Comment

Thank-you everyone for the warm welcome!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here