Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from Cold Western Massachusetts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from Cold Western Massachusetts

Long time griller, new barbecue/smoker!! Bought my first Weber Smokey Mountain and have been having a great time discovering how to smoke meat on it. Couldn't wait for spring so I threw my first pork butt on it and smoked it for 13 hours thru a cold New England night. I was surprised that it kept relatively stable temps even if the frigid cold and I only had to top off the charcoal 7 hours in!!. It was the first pulled pork I ever cooked and it was amazing thanks to the advise and recipes I got off this site! I am hooked!!!

Welcome oldthor

Comment

Welcome to The Pit oldthor! Congratulations on success with the pork butt. Glad you're here.

Comment

Hey oldthor Welcome, dont let the cold stop ya. Get out there and cook!

Comment

oldthor, Welcome to The Pit! I see you just met 3 of the BBQ Gurus! I watch these guys and others and their Posts carefully! I have learned a lot!
          Eat Well and Prosper! From Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

Welcome to the Pit! As winter moved in I am seeing fewer post of cooks. Thanks for sharing yours.

Comment

Welcome Old Thor

Comment

Welcome and thanks for the support!!!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit!

Comment

Welcome OLDTHOR, This site is super!!!

Comment

Hello oldthor ! Sounds great to go 7 hours before refueling! What temperature did You smoke at?

Comment

Welcome to The Pit oldthor . Congrats on your first PB cook!

Comment

Originally posted by SaturdayShoppe View Post
                          Hello oldthor ! Sounds great to go 7 hours before refueling! What temperature did You smoke at?
                          The temps stayed between 225 and 240 . I did learn quickly just how invaluable a remote read thermometer would be after numerous treks out in the cold to keep checking on the smoker. It was my first big cook on my brand new setup and I had no idea how it would work in the cold. This cook was on a Friday night because they predicted freezing rain and cold for Saturday. Saturday turned out to be beautiful with nothing but sun!! Ya gotta love New England. Needless to say Saturday night I ordered a Maverick ET-733 remote reading thermometer to cut down on the guesswork for next cook. I was really, really surprised just how well the Weber Smokey Mountain 18.5" worked. I give all the credit to Weber and not the Noob behind the grill. Now to plan my next cook. Just bought my first Brisket Flat!

Comment

• Danjohnston949
                            Danjohnston949 commented
                            Editing a comment
                            oldthor, I hope you enjoy your Maverick ET-733 as much as I do Mine! Eat Well and Prosper!
                            From Fargo ND, Dan

• Jon Solberg
                            Jon Solberg commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Take the cred ot! You got out there and cooked. The Weber couldnt do it without you. The colder it is the better a smokey mt. runs.

oldthor ,

Welcome oldthor! We're glad you're here.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit oldthor! Let me be one of the many to echo the welcome. Thanks for your support!

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos.

Also, it's very important that you add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list in case you are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X
                            false
                            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                            false
                            false
                            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                            Yes
                            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here