Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WHO DAT?! from New Orleans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WHO DAT?! from New Orleans

Hi all! I'm Andy. I am a barbecue lover who decided to start taking matters into my own hands about a year ago. Meathead and AmazingRibs.com have been invaluable in helping me figure out my own style, not to mention learning how to smoke meats even on my Weber Genesis. I do pretty well too, at least, my friends and family seem to think so!

Very soon I will decide whether to drop my money on a WSM or a PBC. I was close to getting a Weber Kettle just because of the SnS hype, but in the end I need a dedicated smoker more than a grill. My Genesis has and continues to serve me well in the grilling department, it's just that you have to pay so much damn attention to it! The WSM vs PBC decision has crippled me into INdecision! Any advice will help but the general idea I get is that one can't go wrong either way.

I worked for a decade in the Film Industry in New Orleans, but I have moved on from that and now I work in helping make Mardi Gras happen. Love my wife, the Saints and my dogs Chewbacca and Liza.

Thank you to Meathead and everyone at or a member of Amazing Ribs! I probably won't post much but I will be reading , learning and drooling over everything!

Welcome Black nGold Beast! We're glad you're here. You should also consider the 26" kettle with SnS. It'll smoke a lot of food and grill anything you throw at it.

Comment

• Black nGold Beast
      Black nGold Beast commented
      Editing a comment
      Will do! As I said, I'm pretty torn on my decision. No one has any real huge negatives to share about all three cookers so it makes it hard to figure out what is best for me.

• Breadhead
      Breadhead commented
      Editing a comment
      Black nGold Beast ...

Welcome to our community of BBQ addicts.

If... You're like most of us you will probably eventually buy all three.😁

So just pick the one that grabs your attention first and then start saving for #2.

In a few years your patio will be completely engulfed with BBQ stuff and you will need to have a yard sale to make room for your new equipment.😎

You might want to save the money and go into BBQ rehab now.😡

Welcome to the Pit!

Comment

Welcome. Did you work on the Pelican Brief?? Black nGold Beast

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
        Jerod Broussard commented
        Editing a comment
        They do, and if you feed them the fish HAS TO HAVE A HEAD on it or they will NOT eat it. And be sure and wear goggles.

• Black nGold Beast
        Editing a comment
        Haha, Pelicans wear whatever they want! Scary birds… Nah, that one was way before my time. I did stuff like Terminator, Green Lantern, The Lucky One, some TV, some commercials.. All sorts of crap lol

• Jerod Broussard
        Jerod Broussard commented
        Editing a comment
        Cool. We had the honor/dishonor (still trying to figure which) of having the Passion Fish filmed near where I grew up and my dad farmed.

Welcome aboard Black nGold Beast!

Comment

Welcome Black nGold Beast

Comment

Black nGold Beast, Welcome to The Pit! You are in the Right Place Now! Eat Well and Prosper! From Fargo ND, Dan
          Last edited by Danjohnston949; January 17, 2016, 06:02 PM.

Comment

Thanks for all the warm welcomes everyone

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Black nGold Beast! Great to have you here, hope you find the perfect smoker to fit your needs. As you're finding out we're all here to help if you need it. Great job on your signature! I've always been in love with the idea of working in film or music... guess it wasn't meant to be for this camper though.

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos.

Also, it's very important that you add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list in case you are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Black nGold Beast Welcome to the pit! I live in Mandeville, cook on a Big Green Egg, and have been smoking and grilling for years. I'll be moving to Dallas this year and can't decide whether I should change my name to Texas Brisket. Go Saints! Go Tigers! Throw me something mister!

Comment

• Black nGold Beast
                  Editing a comment
                  Don't change your name! There is a strong Saints/NOLA community in NOLA

Welcome to The Pit Andy. We're glad you're here. I cooked on a BGE for several years before I killed it and now love using my Pit Barrel Cooker. Best equipment I have ever cooked on, and there is plenty of support for it on this site. Good luck with your decision.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here