Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from Louisiana

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from Louisiana

Hey y'all my mane is Jim
    Love this site and look forward to a new learning experience. I am 58 years old and have been grilling ( gas and charcoal) food and boiling crawfish most of my adult life. By grilling I mean fast food - burgers, hot dogs, pork chops, venison back strap and veggies, it always taste better cooked outdoors.

Got into smoking about 6 or 7 years ago. Bought a Brickman vertical smoker that had a side box that worked for grilling also. Was great for charcoal grilling but metal was thin and extremely hard to control heat​ . It finally rusted and burnt out and my gas grill was about 10 years old and in the same shape so they both went to the scrap yard. New chapter in my outdoor cooking.

Bought a pellet grill !! ( Camp Chef ) Love it. Let's face it I cook for my family and friends. I work 40 to 45 hrs a week as a automotive technician been turning wrenches for over 40 years. So I am a weekend outdoor cook ( if I am not hunting ) So far love the flexibility it gives me and the end product. Cooked stakes ( bone in ribeye ) and tasted great. ( my wife refuses to go to local stake house. says mine are better - LOVE THAT WOMAN ) Cooked a 12 lb packet brisket - best I have ever done- total time on the grill ( no oven time ) Cooked Baby Back ribs for the first time in my life this weekend ( followed directions from Last Meal Ribs thanks Meathead ) they were great. So if you can't tell I am a novice wanting to learn.

I will definitely buy another charcoal grill for fast food cooking but I am done with gas ( except for boiling crawfish ) I am proud to be a new member of Amazing Ribs and look forward to spending time on the site to increase my knowledge of outdoor cooking

Welcome, Welcome jharner from your BBQ friend in Lake Charles!

Get that charcoal grill and keep the posts coming!

Comment

Welcome jharner

Comment

Welcome to The Pit jharner! Great intro, nice to meet you. We're all here to offer any help we can, thanks for joining up with us.

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos.

Also, it's very important that you add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list in case you are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit jharner.

Comment

Welcome jharner !

I love seeing my fellow coonasses posting on the site! Laissez les bons temps rouler!

Comment

jharner, Welcome to The Pit! You Southern Boys are taking over! You need to share a few DitchBug Recipes and Low Country Boil Recipes!
              SteveFromLafayette, I once mentioned to PaulstheRibList, I was once at a DitchBug Boil in Lake Charles LA with a bunch of Green Eyed CoonAsses,
              They flat scared the Hell out of this PaleFace! Fed me like I was the King of Siam! Eat Well and Prosper!
              From Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

• SteveFromLafayette
                SteveFromLafayette commented
                Editing a comment
                Hahahaha! If you ever find yourself down here again, I'll have to boil us a sack or two!

• PaulstheRibList
                PaulstheRibList commented
                Editing a comment
                Danjohnston949, so glad you got the Crawfish Boil Full Experience! They are super fun!

Welcome and thanks for the support!!

My dad came up from Gueydan to hunt this past weekend.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Jim. I look forward to your future posts and pictures!

Comment

Welcome jharner ! Nice to hear the pellet grill is a keeper!

Comment

Thanks for all the warm welcome post. Settin here eating a couple of venison burgers cooked on my Camp Chef and getting ready to watch the National Championship game. Wish my LSU Tigers were their but got to pull for the SEC go get um Bama

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here