Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New from Long Island New York

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New from Long Island New York

While living in Houston for over 30 years, I fell in love with the Texas style of BBQ, ie low and slow smoker, typically beef. The smoker is a bit of a novelty in New York, and it works very well. Brisket, ribs, chicken and sausage are what I usually cook but am interested in different recipes and items to cook. I'll post some pictures a bit later. I also love music, photography, the water, and my family including three grandchildren. This web site seems to be a lot of fun and offers a learning experience. Sincerely, Bruce
    Attached Files

Welcome to The Pit Bruce!

Comment

Welcome Bruce! Beans or no Beans?

Comment

• Oak Smoke
        Oak Smoke commented
        Editing a comment
        Our claim to fame doesn’t normally involve reasonable. It’s more accurately portrayed when you hear someone say “that hardheaded old SOB beats anything I’ve ever seen”.

• DaveD
        DaveD commented
        Editing a comment
        Ah, but he didn't say he was FROM Houston, only that he lived there. More data are needed...

• Panhead John
        Panhead John commented
        Editing a comment
        Wish he’d hurry up and answer, just to hush you guys up. 😂🤣
        Last edited by Panhead John; November 15, 2022, 05:47 PM.

Welcome from the California Delta.

Comment

Welcome from White Stone, Va...

Comment

Howdy from HOUSTON, TX. Bruce! We’re glad to have ya here with us and welcome to The Pit. I’ve been here since 1980. Whereabouts did you live while you were here? I see your smoker is a Pitts and Spitts, made right here in Houston. Did you buy it while you lived here?

Comment

• Lawscreen
            Lawscreen commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks Bruce, Yes I bought my Pitts & Spitts smoker while living in Houston (actually while in Katy TX). Lived in Houston several places, Greenway Plaza area, Memorial, Kellywood Lakes. I'm from NY and have loved BBQ since I can remember whether it is from TX, OK, LA, and now NY. We do miss TX, the people. the food, and the work ethic. Happy new year.

Welcome to the Pit from the Florida Suncoast.

Comment

Howdy.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit from Fort Worth.

Comment

Welcome from Maryland

Comment

Welcome to the Pit from Dallas, Texas!

Comment

Welcome from central Texas!

Comment

Welcome from Virginia! What part of LI? I have family in Greenport.

Comment

Welcome from Minnesota.

Comment

Welcome from St. Cloud, FL.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X
                          false
                          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                          false
                          false
                          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                          Yes
                          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here