Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from Northern Colorado!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from Northern Colorado!!!

Hello all, running a seafood/smokehouse in northern Colorado. Using a Cookshack SM-160, been a in the business for 14 years but I am new to the smoking game. So far I have smoked pork shoulder, babyback ribs, bone-in pork loin, brisket, prime rib, turkey breast, whole turkey, chicken, and hot links. I have was fortunate enough that when I decided to branch out from just a seafood grill to a smokehouse to find some help in the form of a 20 year veteran pitmaster from the Brekenridge area. I have learned a lot in 5 months but I know there is much more out there, hence me joining this group. I am attempting to tackle making my own bacon this week as well as a braised pork belly & scallop dish. Looking forward to all the new info and insight. Also let me know if I can be of any help as I have the majority of my recipes typed up and would be more that happy to share!!! In the meantime Happy BBQing!!!!

Welcome to the Pit!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit milehighjmoney . We're glad you're here. That's a very generous offer on the recipes and I'll bet you'll get some response. What's the name of your restaurant and where are you located?

Comment

• milehighjmoney
        milehighjmoney commented
        Editing a comment
        It's called Lucky Fins Grill, we are located in Greeley, Co.

• BigBear
        BigBear commented
        Editing a comment
        Cool! We have some investments in Greely County. I'll stop in to say hi if I get up that way.

milehighjmoney, You are in the right place now! I have a Brother in Law and Sister in Law on the hill side North of Lyons. Nearly forgot a Cousin in Colorado Springs then they get a little spread out with a Brother in Cheyenne WO probably the closest to You! I think if you watch the Member Posts You will find Gourmet or Near Recipes and Techniques! Also the Amazing Ribs Recipe Section! I am going to quit now before I begin to sound like A Chamber of Commerce Commercial! Eat Well and Prosper! Welcome to The Pit.
      From Fargo ND, Dan
      Last edited by Danjohnston949; January 5, 2016, 03:19 PM.

Comment

Welcome from 30 miles SE of Denver! Where in Northern CO are you located?

Mike

Comment

Welcome milehighjmoney

Comment

Welcome to the Pit milehighjmoney!

Comment

Welcome, I would be happy to see some of your seafood ideas, my wife and I never like fish growing up (I am from Arkansas but we did not grow up together) but once I moved to Hawaii and her to Florida we found we really liked the fresh stuff. Long story short the few times I have tried cooking fish more than a few hours old I hated it, now I only eat fish on vacation.

Comment

welcome milehighjmoney , is the altitude an issue?

Comment

A belated welcome to The Pit milehighjmoney! Great to have you here, sounds like you'll bring a lot of tasty recipe sharing here. Thanks for offering to share! Best of fortune to you in the future of your smoking endeavors. BBQ and seafood are my two favorite things, wish I lived in NorCo.

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos.

Also, it's very important that you add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list in case you are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Welcome milehighjmoney, you will find what you need here I'm sure.

Comment

Welcome milehighjmoney! We're glad you're here.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here