Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New member from Idaho

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New member from Idaho

I have been cooking outdoors for over 30 years. I have 16 Dutch ovens. I recently up-graded to a Meadow Creek PR 60 pig cooker. I have cooked at family reunions, wedding receptions, graduation parties etc. I found this web site by surfing the net...this is the best outdoor cooking site I have found! Happy cooking to all!

16?? Holy herd of dutch ovens!!!

Welcome and thanks for the support.

You can thank Richard Pryor for all I know about Idaho.

Comment

Welcome!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit. It is a place you share what you've learned and learn from what others share.

Comment

Welcome to the pit

Comment

Welcome Larry L

Comment

Welcome Larry! I would like to know why you have so many Dutch Ovens and what you cook in them!

Comment

It takes several Dutch ovens to cooking for a large group. Ribs, chicken, corn bread, cakes etc. Have had 9 ovens cooking at one time, by stacking them. Feed about 25 people. With my Meadow Creek cooker, I cooked a 100 lb. whole hog, 2 briskets and 2 pans of corn bread and pan of baked beans!

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
                  Jerod Broussard commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Pictures of those stacked ovens, that is pretty cool.

Larry L, Welcome to The Pit! You are to have to Learn Us the nuances of Dutch Oven Cooking! I too have stacked ovens and cooked foe large crowds but they were mostly Boy Scouts and they Would Eat Anything and Swear It was Good?
                Eat Well And Prosper!
                From Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

Welcome to the Pit Larry L! On your Dutch ovens...holy cow, pig and chicken. Wow! Looking forward to seeing pictures of your cooks.

Comment

Welcome to the party, Larry!

Comment

Greetings Larry L , are the dutch ovens new or vintage?

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Larry L! Talk to me when you have 17 Dutch ovens. (Joke) Glad to have you here!

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos.

Also, it's very important that you add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list in case you are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Larry L . I look forward to reading your future posts.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X
                          false
                          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                          false
                          false
                          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                          Yes
                          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here