Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello, I am Dave Barnes...newbie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello, I am Dave Barnes...newbie

Hello, all. I am a newbie here. Formal name is Dave Barnes but some of my best friends call me Barnesy…and get away with it. I am a semi-retired Mechanical Engineer, UCLA 1970 now living in Cincinnati, Ohio. Grew up in California and moved to Cincinnati in 1978 where I supported the raising of two, most fantastic daughters...my late wife did the raising…I just paid for it. One now lives in Virginia but the other is close by with two grandkids. I am so fortunate. I now have a lovely wife at my side AND she loves for me to cook. HA!..go figure. I became acquainted with Amazingribs.com via a client in Arkansas about two years ago…boy do they love to BBQ. As a result, this peaked my interest. After many failures using a cheap gasser, last year I bought a Webber Genesis…I absolutely love it…great grilling machine with the grill grates but it just did not do well at smoking stuff…at least to my satisfaction. In searching through the Amazingribs.com website for the best smoker I was overwhelmed with the choices…and the annoying popups encouraging me to join the Pitmasters Club…well it worked as I am here now. But, thanks to the genius creativity of Dave Parrish, aka Pitt Boss, with his SnS (Yep, I understand the thermodynamics and physics of it), I just bought a 22” Webber Kettle and SnS today. I am ready to smoke and grill using charcoal…so is my better half. With that said, I expect to be a regular poster on this forum to get advice from the experts. I am excited to be here. Thanks to all who contribute.

Welcome Barnesdh

Comment

Welcome, Dave ... and congrats on the new Weber/SnS! You'll find yourself in good company here ...

Comment

Welcome Barnesdh! We're glad you're here. You're really going to like the SnS with kettle, it's something special. Yours already has a shipping label on it and is waiting at the dock for FedEx to pick it up.

Originally posted by Barnesdh View Post
        But, thanks to the genius creativity of Dave Parrish, aka Pitt Boss, with his SnS (Yep, I understand the thermodynamics and physics of it)
        I may have to quote you to the wifey on this one.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Barnesdh . Glad you're here!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit Barnesdh. You'll enjoy the kettle and SnS big time.

Comment

fuzzydaddy I'd love to see a side by side comparison cook between your BGE and kettle with SnS. Ribs or Pork Butt maybe

/threadjacking

Comment

• fuzzydaddy
                fuzzydaddy commented
                Editing a comment
                David Parrish, I've put that on my to-do list (Evernote, so I don't forget). I'm out of town until late January. I would enjoy doing that. I think I'll do ribs.

• David Parrish
                David Parrish commented
                Editing a comment
                Excellent!

Welcome to fun in the Pit! I lived in Columbus in the early 70s.

Comment

Welcome Barnesy! You will just have to be careful, cuz there's talk from some of the old timers in this club about smokin their kids cereal, coffee, & even pop tarts. Enjoy the ride.

Comment

Welcome, I am one of those Arkansas BBQ nuts.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Barnesdh! Glad to have you here. You'll love the SnS. A well thought out product.

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos.

Also, it's very important that you add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list in case you are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Barnesdh, Welcome to The Pit! You are going to like being here almost as much as Your New Weber and S 'n S Combo!
                      Eat Well and Prosper!
                      👍👍👍👍👍. From Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here