Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Intro from England

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Intro from England

Happy Christmas from rainy Lancashire, England

Long time reader, first time poster.

I was gifted a Weber kettle for my 40th last year and have been attempting all sorts from this brilliant website for a few months.

I just wanted to post my efforts today and see if it's up to standard. Despite driving rain (and frustratingly fluctuating temps), I would not be deterred.

Just over two hours later, my wife, son and I sat down for our best tasting turkey ever.

Hope that everyone has a very happy Christmas and I wish you all a great new year.

Rich (BearDown_74)

As it's my first post, I'm not sure if the photo will work. Please let me know if not.

Well done Rich and welcome to the pit! Pic came through fine. Happy Christmas!

Jim

Comment

Welcome Rich! We're glad you're here. Nice bird!

Comment

BearDown_74 that turkey is A+, great job fighting the weather!

Comment

BearDown_74, Welcome to the Pit! My relatives came from your neck of the Woods to North Central North Dakota in the mid 1880’s! Don't Know if we are cousins or not, But your Turkey Looks Great! From Fargo ND, Eat Well and Prosper! Dan

Comment

Welcome to the Pit BearDown_74! The turkey looks great.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit BearDown_74 / Rich! Nice cook, and we're glad to have you here!

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos.

Also, it's very important that you add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list in case you are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit!

Comment

Welcome BearDown_74

Comment

Welcome from the Bay Area. That turkey looks great!

My daughter studied Medieval History at UEA for a year. Really enjoyed her time across the pond.

Comment

Welcome from Idaho USA. my son and his wife moved to Bournemouth about six months ago and they seem to really enjoy it. I realize that's on the other side of the country but hey it's closer than where I live. I hope to be able to go visit them this summer I guess the weather's pretty nice there compared to a lot of the other parts of the country. Plus if there's a beach I'm in

Comment

Hello Bear, how do you do?

Comment

BearDown_74 welcome to the Pit. Your perseverance paid off, and you offering looks as good as many I've seen on this site. So does BearDown = perseverance? LA stands for Louisiana in the USA.
                          Last edited by LA Pork Butt; December 30, 2015, 02:47 PM. Reason: Addition

Comment

BearDown_74 welcome to the Pit! I hope you pass on the beauty that is BBQ to our friends across the pond. I lived in Ely CAMBS for 3 years and spread the BBQ love as much as I could. Does Bear Down = UofA graduate? Cheers

Comment

Thank you all for your welcome and comments.
                              As a couple of people have asked.... BearDown comes from my deluded love of the Chicago Bears. In the early 80s, the U.K. were first introduced to NFL. As an impressionable 10 year old, there was nothing cooler than Jim McMahon in shades, so I picked the Bears as my team. Luckily it was 1984 and the following year the Bears were World Champs.
                              30 years on, I'm still waiting for that second Super Bowl win!!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X
                              false
                              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                              false
                              false
                              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                              Yes
                              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here