Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from Flagstaff, AZ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from Flagstaff, AZ

Hi all, I'm a casual smoker who is transitioning from a somewhat cheapo Sam's Club gas/charcoal/offset combo grill to a pellet smoker. I just bought a Recteq RT 700 (Bull) pellet smoker and so far have only done chicken thighs (for seasoning) and an overnight brisket. The brisket turned out a bit drier than my last several and I'm not sure exactly why. I did go low (~180) for about 10 hours overnight without spritzing; and when I wrapped at ~165, I used butcher paper for the first time, instead of foil. Next up (this weekend): St. Louis ribs.

Anyway, I'm glad to be a part of this group as I have a great deal to learn!

-Dan
    Attached Files

Welcome from NE FL

Comment

Welcome to The Pit.

Comment

Welcome from a fellow RT-700 owner in Wisconsin. (See my avatar). I did some St. Louis spares just this weekend on the RT. They always turn out great.
        Last edited by Jfrosty27; September 7, 2022, 10:32 AM.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit from Buffalo

Comment

Welcome from the California Delta.

Comment

Welcome

Comment

Welcome to The Pit from Fort Worth.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit from the Florida Suncoast. There are myriad possible explanations for your brisket being dry. At least as likely as any other is the piece of meat was at fault - not enough marbling, for example.

Comment

The learning is here fer the takin. You get how
                    much you want & how much you use. There is a plethora (yea that is a bbq word fer bunch) of info & encouragement. Hope you make the most of it, cuz we all profit in the end. Don’t ferget the havin fun part, also critical. Welcome’

Comment

Welcome from Virginia!

Comment

• FireMan
                        FireMan commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Ya get dressed up in a suit & then say Welcome from Virginia. How noble.

• WayneT
                        WayneT commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Then it’s Sir David?

Greetings from South Africa.

Comment

Looking good
                        Hello from NW Oregon.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit!
                          Cheers from Norway

Comment

Welcome fr Cincy Ohio! The meat you posted looks pretty scrumptious. (BBQ term)

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X
                            false
                            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                            false
                            false
                            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                            Yes
                            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here