Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello From Nebraska

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello From Nebraska

Hello All,
    Well after what must be 10 + years of browsing and wandering around here from time to time Ive decided to join , say hello and thanks for all the memories this place as helped create for me, my family, friends and neighbors!

Im a 57 year old grilling / smoking obsessed, bourbon drinking, dog loving family man from Nebraska. I have been cooking exclusively on Weber kettles for I guess 40 years now after getting my first for my 17th birthday from my pop. Ive never owned another type of grill. I am down to 4 right now ( I've run as many as 7 when i did a lot of block parties , graduations , weddings and such) as I just last week retired my 4- 22’s that have been in constant use for I guess 10+ years. My current lineup is 3 new basics 22’ and a 26’. I know Ill hear about retiring 10 year young Webers but they all went to good homes! If I had to estimate usage on them I am comfortable saying that between the 4 they ran upwards of 1000-1200lbs of pork butts and at least 40 packers and of course 10+ years of chicken, dogs, burgers, steaks etc…

I decided just recently to give the 26 a try and it could very well be my favorite grill to date. Actually kinda wishing I hadn’t put another 3-22 into service and just went with another 26. Our last Daughter is out on her own now and the Mrs and I are winding down so not sure why Ill need 4 grills but what the heck.

I decided to join to meet folks that understand my passion ( the Mrs uses the word obsession), see if there is still stuff for this old guy to learn and maybe pass on some info Ive gathered over the years. I laid in my winters charcoal yesterday and am ready for the good weather cooking season so figured it was the perfect time.

Sorry for the long winded intro…

Clay
    Attached Files

Welcome to the pit from the bbq capital of New England, Massachusetts.

Comment

Welcome from Maryland

Comment

Welcome!

Comment

Nice pics! Welcome from Pittsburgh, PA!

Comment

Welcome from NE FL. Glad you are here.

Comment

Welcome from the Pacific Northwest

Comment

Welcome from Colorado, Clay ...

Comment

Welcome to the Pit from Dallas, Texas! It appears you are a Weber guy!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit from the Florida Suncoast.

Comment

Welcome from Fort Worth! I love my Weber Kettle too.

Comment

Greetings from South Africa.

Comment

Welcome from the California Delta.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit!

Comment

Great intro! I love to hear about folks' backgrounds and such. Welcome from the northern Virginia 'burbs of Washington, D.C.!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X
                              false
                              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                              false
                              false
                              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                              Yes
                              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here