Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from Lagrange, Ohio!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from Lagrange, Ohio!

Hi guys and gals! James here. I just joined the club about a month ago but I have to admit Ive been creeping the site for a few months. I just wanted to thank all of you for your contributions as I am lightyears beyond my level of ability when I first started. So far, Ive made about 5 briskets, 5 pulled porks,2 pastramis, bacon, beef sandwiches, probably 6 ribs, and a smoked turkey for Thanksgiving which was the best Turkey Ive ever had in my life! I also learned the reverse sear which is awesome! Ive been so-called bbqing for 20 years and never had a digital thermometer! Now I have 4! I forgot to mention I'm still using my junk Masterbuilt electric smoker with broken up charcoal in the wood .bin haha. I wish I would have seen your review before I bought it as it was spot on. I took the first one back when it stopped working on my third smoke and Im waiting for this one to go so I can order one of those pit barrels! It really is so much fun when everyone ravages the food you make and no one sits down because they can't stop picking at the meat haha. Anyway thanks again! Ill be around often as now Im always looking for the next recipe!!

Welcome jfthomas1

Comment

Welcome to The Pit jfthomas1/James! Great having you here. Who says you have to wait until your current smoker dies? (We won't tell!)

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos.

Also, it's very important that you add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list in case you are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit! I lived in Columbus for three years in the 70s.
        Last edited by LA Pork Butt; December 19, 2015, 06:37 AM.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit jfthomas1 . We're glad you're here! I cook on a Pit Barrel Cooker and love it. I highly recommend it and hope you get one soon!

Comment

Welcome jfthomas1. Glad to have you aboard.

Comment

jfthomas1, I think your story of how you got started BBQ'ing could have been written about 10,000 times here! It is starting to sound Familiar! Welcome to The Pit! Eat Well and Prosper! From Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here