Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just got my Pitmaster Magnet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just got my Pitmaster Magnet

Holy Cow! I just got my magnet. This is absolutely awesome! There is so much information contained on this. I feel like there is lots to learn from this. Thank you to the Meathead staff for creating such a cool thing. Now to decide which piece of metal to put it on.

Mine stays firmly affixed to my grill. Enjoy!

Comment

• jfmorris
      jfmorris commented
      Editing a comment
      WayneT haha I don't think so! Can't think of any cooker I want or need at the moment, aside from a new offset, and those are open cart as well...

• WayneT
      WayneT commented
      Editing a comment
      jfmorris OK, let me display my ignorance some more. You have covers for all your cookers, right? And, there’s not a horizontal, metallic area on any of your cookers that would allow the magnet? I keep mine affixed to the right table on my PIt Boss 820. If I need to, I can place a dish or cutting board right over the top of it. Enlighten me, please.

• jfmorris
      jfmorris commented
      Editing a comment
      WayneT I guess it never occurred to me to put it on a side table! The Weber Genesis has stainless side tables, which I guess I can test to see if they are magnetic, and the Camp Chef flat top has steel side tables. I really don't need a temp guide when griddle cooking though...

I'll try and see if a magnet will stick to the Genesis side table, and that might be where it moves to...

It is really handy when grilling!

Comment

Can't wait to get mine!

Comment

• Allon
        Allon commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah, me as well. It looks like we joined on the same month and year.
        Hope it comes soon. I want to compare the magnet versus the preset temperatures in my TP910 thermometer.

I found a way to keep mine like brand new condition! I just keep mine in folder marketed Amazing Ribs been there ever since I got it!! LOL
      My hopes are with age these magnets will increase in value Big time!!
      Last edited by RiverJeff; August 22, 2022, 01:15 PM.

Comment

I have mine attached to the side of the refrigerator (facing the stove) so I can reference it when checking doneness.

Comment

It is definitely a nice thing!

Comment

Use mine all the time. Excellent tool.

Comment

I guess that make you officially a member... I remember back in the day there was a ritual with a paddle.. Thank you, may I have another...

Comment

• FleetingSmoke
                FleetingSmoke commented
                Editing a comment
                I remember those days. But stoked to have it. I am likely going to have to find a spot that is accessible for both my Weber and my Traeger along with THE PBC. Dear lord so many decisions.

Ours is on the fridge and my wife checks it often.

Comment

Mine is also on the refrigerator easy to reference when I take the meat out.

Comment

Still waiting...

Comment

I realized no one checked the mail today...
                    I was outside taking a shower

You guessed it!

IT'S HERE! Man, there's one heck of a lot of information on that little area

Comment

I refer to it all the time.

Comment

Welcome from north Texas. Yes, it’s quite a handy reference. It’s on the side of the "tool box" I got at Costco for grill tools, grates, PBJ hooks, etc.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here