Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from Atlanta

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from Atlanta

Hey Everyone -

I'm not new to Amazing Ribs--I've been following the excellent advice here for a few years.I have not done much in the forum, though. I'm in a northern suburb of Atlanta and I love to cook outside. I have an XL Big Green Egg, a classic Weber kettle, a Weber gas grill (for when my wife wants to cook) and a concrete block pit for whole pigs. My neighbors and I do a neighborhood party every fall with a whole pig. I've attached two pictures. One are the "Steaksgiving" steaks we had this year cooked on the Weber. The other is Chris P Bacon, this year's pig roast, weighing in at 117 pounds. He was delicious!!

I love the site and all the good advice I've gotten!!

Bryan
    Last edited by bksouthard; December 8, 2015, 08:53 PM.

Oh man, I should not have looked at your photos bksouthard tonight since I'm actually skipping dinner. I'm craving steaks now. Congrats on both cooks and welcome! I look forward to seeing more of your successes.

Comment

Welcome bksouthard

Comment

Welcome bksouthard! We're glad you're here. I just wish you'd shared some of the Clos Du Val =(

Comment

• bksouthard
          bksouthard commented
          Editing a comment
          That's a great wine! There is a local store here that got some kind of deal, and passed it on. If you bought 3+ bottles it was $35 / bottle.

HELLO! Welcome

Comment

Welcome to The Pit and welcome to The Addiction.

Comment

• fuzzydaddy
            fuzzydaddy commented
            Editing a comment
            An addiction it truly is. Once I recover from all the $$ I spent on hardware, I've got to buy a lot of meat!

Welcome to the pit! I have a large big green egg, and I went to the Eggtoberfest this pasta October. By chance were you there.

Comment

• bksouthard
            bksouthard commented
            Editing a comment
            I have not made it to the Eggtoberfest yet. I'd love to go, but my boys (10 & 12) always have some kind of sports commitment on those days. One of these days!

Welcome to The Pit bksouthard! Glad you joined up with us here. I've never been involved with roasting a whole pig (some day), but I have been involved in eating them. Your looks great! A buddy of mine who caters keeps telling me we need to do it real, dig a pit and all that jazz. I tell him sure, say when, but it hasn't happened yet.

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos.

Also, it's very important that you add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list in case you are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit bksouthard . I look forward to more of your posts. Love the picture of Chris P. I'll bet that was a blast!

Comment

That all looks great. Speaking of Chris P. Bacon, that video is one of my favorites of all time.

Comment

• BigBear
                BigBear commented
                Editing a comment
                LMAO!!! That is greatness.

Glad to see you. I too am in Johns Creek. I'll look for your smoke

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here