Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Been around for a while just realized…

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Been around for a while just realized…

Hello to you all, I’m Phil, most people just call me… Phil.

My kids call me Dad, my wife calls me all kinds of other things I’d rather not repeat!
    I’ve been a member here for a bit but I just realized that I have never introduced myself.

I’m in Western Washington, just south of Seattle. I cook on a primo oval xl. Got started with a 26” weber kettle, which I still have and use occasionally.

I have an SNS kit on the way for it. So I suspect it will once again be more than storage for my extra primo grates and stuff.

Dabbled with a pellet smoker (not my thing), played with offsets and stick burners with no real success. I have my sites on a downdraft cabinet, would really dig having a gas fired smoker for fish, jerky, cheese and the like. I really have to rein in my mania when seeing all the cool cookers, gadgets and accessories that are out there waiting to claim my $$.

I love to cook outside over fire!! I really appreciate this and other online communities where others share my passion and desire for excellent food smoked, grilled or seared on our various devices. Thank you all for being part of my journey.

I enjoy learning here, this forum is a fantastic wealth of knowledge and experience that I have certainly gained from and hope to pay forward.

I wish you all steady temps and thin blue smoke!!

I’m hope you enjoyed your time in the Pit from Dallas, Texas!

Comment

Nice to hear from ya!

Comment

Welcome!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit from Minnesota!

Comment

Welcome from Long Beach, ca. you are going to love the SnS!

Comment

• Allon
              Allon commented
              Editing a comment
              I stayed in Long Beach once for 6 months working on corporate aircraft. Had to be 40 years now. Had a great time...

Hello from Chico! I love cooking over fire, too!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit from southern California.

You mentioned names people call you.
              I was at an airport with my daughter & granddaughter once, waiting to board the plane. My granddaughter asked to look at her boarding pass, then asked to see her mom's boarding pass. She asked to see mine next.
              After a few seconds, she looked at me with confusion on her face, and said "Your name isn't Grandpa?"

Comment

• Philotius
                Philotius commented
                Editing a comment
                Best thing I’ve read all day!!

Welcome from the California Delta.

Comment

Welcome, make yourself comfortable!! 🔥🔥🔥

Comment

Welcome from upstate NY! This is a great community indeed

Comment

Welcome from Fort Worth!

Comment

Welcome from Oz

Comment

Welcome from Virginia!

Comment

Hello from southwest Florida.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X
                          false
                          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                          false
                          false
                          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                          Yes
                          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here