Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hi from Portland, OR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi from Portland, OR

Hi all,

Been using Meathead's recipes for years but just now joining the pitmaster club. I have a Mak Grills One Star that I've had about a year and a half and love, and formerly owned a Rec Tec that I (sadly) couldn't fit in our moving pods and had to leave in Cali. Figure I get about 85-90% of a true wood smoker's flavor with 5% of the effort, and the lazy part of me is good with that balance. Got a Karubeque hankering recently and then realized I can't be bothered to replenish the wood every 30 minutes. Maybe when the kids are out of the house and I have more free time on my hands...

Given Oregon's weather I usually smoke and grill in the summer/early fall months. Usually do a few briskets a summer (have a beautiful Snake River 18 pounder thawing in the fridge rn, getting ready for the 4th), grill the standard fare (burgers, chicken, steaks), and am particularly partial to cooking up some medium rare smoked salmon.

Happy to be here and hopefully learn from you all!

Matt

Welcome to the Pit from Dallas, Texas!

Comment

Welcome from Maryland

Comment

Welcome to The Pit.

Comment

Welcome from the northern Virginia burbs of D.C. I went to gradual school at the Univ Oregon, I do love the Pacific Northwest...

Comment

• Mnewbs23
            Mnewbs23 commented
            Editing a comment
            I grew up in Alexandria and was just back visiting DC!

• DaveD
            DaveD commented
            Editing a comment
            Well how's that for symmetry

Welcome from piedmont NC.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit. Enjoy the Wikipedia of BBQ!!

Comment

It would be cool to see yer Mak One Star at work! Welcome, eat good and have fun!

Comment

• Mnewbs23
                Mnewbs23 commented
                Editing a comment
                I'll get some pics up soon

Welcome from Washington

Comment

Greetings from South Africa.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit!
                  Cheers from Norway

Comment

Welcome from Oz

Comment

Welcome! I’m in next county over in Columbia County.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit from across the continent in southwest Florida.

Comment

Welcome from Virginia!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X
                          false
                          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                          false
                          false
                          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                          Yes
                          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here