Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New smoker in California

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New smoker in California

Hi guys, I'm new to smoking and have found that it's not nearly as prevalent in CA as it is back where I grew up, Texas. I was given a Vision Grill Classic B for my birthday from my parents, and since then I've tried beef ribs, pork ribs, brisket, and chicken. I've found controlling this thing is a total nightmare and found this site in my research on how to control the grill better, and then became addicted to the information that's available.

Since then I've ordered the BBQ Guru CyberQ Wifi to help me get a handle on the grill. I figure using it with lots of heat tolerant caulk I'll start being able to smoke at the temps I'd like. Plus I looked at returning the grill to Sam's Club, and paying the extra for a Big Green Egg, Primo etc and decided (for now) keeping my gift grill and adding the controller is the cheaper option and maybe the best overall.

On a side note, I'm a very logic based person who got his degree in how to test people scientifically though controlling for each variable to determine how much each variable affects the outcome. This includes building 80 variable neural networks to simple A/B tests. I'm a pretty accomplished cook in the kitchen, everything from gas grilling to Creme Brulee to Sous Vide. Though Sous Vide is still a new experiment and I'm so looking forward to combining it with smoking.

I look forward to learning more from everyone.

Welcome Christobol! I like logic too. I like delving into the root of things, whether it's grilling or anything else in life and seeing how it affects me, what's the best, and what's merely under-informed or misinformed tradition.

When you get a minute, check out Pit Boss' Welcome & Announcements channel, as well as the tips posts in that channel. These will help you learn your way around The Pit, as well as how to set up your signature properly and the best way to post photos. We love pics around here! Enjoy The Pit, and thanks for the support.

Comment

• Christobol
      Christobol commented
      Editing a comment
      Orange County

• David Parrish
      David Parrish commented
      Editing a comment
      Perhaps Christobol should apply some of his logic testing to Huskee. I'd be interested in those results=)

• Christobol
      Christobol commented
      Editing a comment
      Ha what does that mean? You mean there might be something funny going on?

Hey there! Welcome to the pit Christobol

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Christobol! Thanks for completing your sig! I've read some of your other comments regarding your fire issues. Hopefully we help you get those squared away. Send me a PM if you're still having trouble after trying other member suggestions.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here