Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from Salt Lake City

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from Salt Lake City

Hi all!

After a couple years of living in an apartment I am back in a house with a backyard (and new twin daughters) this year, so I've had the opportunity to barbecue a bit this summer. I've been cooking on a Weber kettle, mostly pork butts and briskets. I've been referring to AmazingRibs a lot; it's a great source of information.

I was prompted to sign up for the Pitmaster Club today because a Pit Barrel Cooker showed up at my office - turns out my dad ordered it for me and didn't say anything. Random gifts are great to brighten a day (and ruin work productivity!) Guess I must be doing something right if he felt like he should buy me another smoker!

It's raining today, might turn to snow, but I'm mighty tempted to fire the PBC up and cook a couple chickens after work. If not tonight, then soon!

-Jim Thurnau

Welcome to the Pit. I bet it feels great to be back in a house!! Welcome. lots of PBC owners here.

Comment

• jthurnau
      jthurnau commented
      Editing a comment
      Absolutely. Ease of outdoor cooking is one of many reasons why.

I've always heard that it's never a bad day for Bar-B-Que.

Comment

• jthurnau
      jthurnau commented
      Editing a comment
      As it happens, the weather cooperated anyway. Delicious chicken tonight. Covered patio with plenty airflow means snow won't necessarily deter me anyway.

Welcome jthurnau

Comment

Welcome to the Pit! I am sure you will enjoy your Pit Barrel Cooker. Low and slow is the way to go.

Comment

Welcome!

Comment

@jtthurnau, Wecome to the Pit! To you and your Daughters! Have a Ball, 👍👍👍👍👍. Dan

Comment

Belated welcome to The Pit jthurnau! Congrats on the new family members and new backyard! And thanks for your support here.

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos.

Also, it's very important that you add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list in case you are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit jthurnau . Glad you're here. You and I have some things in common - twins and a Pit Barrel Cooker! My boy girl twins turned 10 last month...my how fast the time goes. I love cooking on my PBC and hope you enjoy yours as well. Lots of support for it on this site.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here