Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Returning member from Minnesota

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Returning member from Minnesota

Brent here. My old Weber kettle was rusting out holes in the bottom after a couple decades of use, so I bought a Hasty Bake last month, which motivated me to rejoin this forum.
    I've found it super easy to use for grilling. Very forgiving with the adjustable charcoal grate. I smoked St. Louis cut ribs and a double smoked ham with good success. (I enjoyed Grand Marnier glaze from Meatheads book which seems to have been replaced with a better and easier to make glaze on this website.) It's also been easy to smoke low and slow with thanks to advice from the Hasty Bake topics and a little experimenting before hand, so thank you members.

My favorite thing to grill is probably burgers or steaks, although I'm eating healthier these days and find vegetables taste better when cooked on the grill. Favorite item to smoke is St. Louis Cut ribs. My family just likes a dry rub (based on Memphis meat dust and another recipe) with sauce on the side. They don't even want me to experiment with different rubs or cooking in the sauce on the grill. Anyways, I'll enjoy seeing what you all cook and reading your advice.

I guess I should say, "Welcome back…"

Comment

Welcome back! It's always nice when the family loves your recipes and don't want you to change things. Enjoy that Hasty Bake.

Comment

Welcome back. Looking forward to seeing your cooks.

Comment

Welcome back to The Pit. You could always cut a rib rack into several pieces and experiment with one or more...

Comment

Welcome back! Glad to hear you are liking that Hasty Bake! That grill should be with you for decades.

Comment

Welcome back to the Pit. Enjoy your Hasty Bake.

Comment

Welcome back, from southern Minnesota. Enjoy The Pit!
                Last edited by Skip; April 6, 2022, 03:41 PM.

Comment

Welcome back. I assume that assistant standing along side you is a new hire. Sure would like to see yer new cooker & evidence of what yer fam raves about. Eat good & have fun!

Comment

Welcome back from upstate NY. I'm looking forward to seeing your posts and sharing information with you

Comment

Howdy from south Texas! Glad you’re back.

Comment

Welcome back from Central Minnesota.

Comment

Howdy from Chico!

Comment

Welcome back!

Comment

Welcome back from Wisconsin. Good to see you again!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X
                              false
                              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                              false
                              false
                              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                              Yes
                              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here