Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Amazing! What do you call it?"... "The Aristocrats!"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Amazing! What do you call it?"... "The Aristocrats!"

TL;DR: Hi, I'm Jonathan, new to the game in comparison and willing to learn and share, also I love you guys! Mostly a lurker, occasional poster.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    For those more willing to invest time in the potential of a new member :

Good morning Gentlemen and with any luck Ladies, its currently 5:43 a.m. here in Dallas, Texas. Uptown area, and I've spent the 15 hours (in three days) reading and researching everything, particularly brisket. Who doesn't love a challange? I'm 26, a chronic insomniac and feel that I could benefit much more from group discussion and argument, restricted to the topic at hand only, and may even be able to help others even more untried than I.

I'm a glutton for knowledge related to to chemical reactions (food science always being a fascination of mine) and, unfortunately, never happy with my finished meal. Usually smoked pork butt and turkey. In spite of others adulation and sweet-talk, I never happy until it's better. Character flaw, I know.

But most most importantly I am thankful for this website and it's members knowledge and willingness to explain and define if necessary nearly any factor of any issue. So for that, not only that but that most of all, I offer my sincere thanks. Also, I hate auto-correct. I've never smoked a 'basket' in my life, and 'duck you' may be the worst offender.

I almost literally cannot wait to start meeting all of you!

Attached is a photo of two men, one from Florida. USA, one from Idontrememberthetown, Norway, both in the middle of the mistake of spending the winter months in London, currently on their way to find a ....Gentlemen's club with more women than men. Reason being, they don't have such clubs in Norway. One is named Lars, one is Jonathan, only one has a pretty sweet hat. Mentally picture me as either. Feel free to guess!

welcome! What are you going to cook this brisket on?

Comment

Welcome to The Pit, Amnesiac walk out the front door and look due North and if you have good vision, I am the one still his housecoat Waving at You From Fargo, North Dakota. 👍👍👍👍👍

Comment

Welcome, and Danjohnston949 I'm not sure if that is a Texas is flat joke, or that there is a possibility the you are the first person visible in that line of sight. There is a whole lot of corn and boring between you two.

Comment

• boftx
          boftx commented
          Editing a comment
          He's just commenting on the fact that there is nothing worth looking at in Oklahoma to get in the way.

Originally posted by Danjohnston949 View Post
        Welcome to The Pit, Amnesiac walk out the front door and look due North and if you have good vision, I am the one still his housecoat Waving at You From Fargo, North Dakota. 👍👍👍👍👍
        I'm hoping it's a Hunter S. Thompson nod, "So now, less than five years later, you can go up on a steep hill in Las Vegas and look West, and with the right kind of eyes you can almost see the high-water mark—that place where the wave finally broke and rolled back."

Also, unfortunately due to my circumstances I'll be using a Brinkman. Best I could afford at the time I'm afraid. Though, looking back, had I known of this website prior to that purchase, I never would have bought it. It's most definitely a COS.

Texas is flat.... but that's ok because where I'm from in Florida, it's both flat and boring. Terrific humidity though, if you like that sort of thing.

Thank you for the welcomes and I apologize for my "eccentric" welcome post. I had been awake for quite some time and it seemed the best idea.

Comment

• boftx
          boftx commented
          Editing a comment
          Nothing wrong with a COS. I have two of them, and i'll put my BBQ up against anything that anyone here can cook. I'm somewhat infamous here for using a Chargriller Pro as a stick burner. As long as you have a good thermometer and take time to learn how your rig likes to run you can turn out some damn good product on them. If you can't hold it down to 225 but it likes to run steady at 250 - 275 then fine, let it run there. It's the meat temp that matters.

BTW, you can always put a water pan on the grate close to the firebox to act as a heat sink.

Welcome to The Pit Amnesiac / Johnathan! Enjoyed reading your intro. I bet turkey at your place is some good eatin.

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos.

Also, it's very important that you add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list in case you are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Welcome Amnesiac! We're glad you're here. I am guessing you're the guy on the right.

Comment

Originally posted by Pit Boss View Post
            Welcome Guest! We're glad you're here. I am guessing you're the guy on the right.
            Almost! On the left. I thought the guy on the right looked more like a "Lars". I'm not even completely sure that was his name but it was in 2007 and that's the first name that came to me.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here