Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Greetings from Connecticut!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greetings from Connecticut!

Great to be here! Started my smoking journey not too long ago in November: bought an 18 WSM while visiting family in NYS and smoked my first pork butt. I'm still shocked the smoker fits in my honda civic: the trunk will forever smell like BBQ and I'm hooked! Read Meathead's book over the winter holidays (absolutely loved it) - an amazing resource which has made me rethink so many aspects of cooking both indoors and outdoors. Still working on my rib consistency but I'm happy with my pulled pork and had a solid first brisket the other week. I've also been enjoying curing/smoking bacon (the calculator is another amazing resource) and love exploring less-commonly smoked meats (at least in the states). I'm a music student so I'm excited to practice next to the smoker in the warmer months. I gotta say though, I've been quite impressed with the WSM in regards to temperature stability throughout winter conditions: rock solid temperatures in snow, hail, wind, etc. Looking forward to connecting with everyone here!

Attached Files

You might fit in!

Awesome cooks and pics......

What sorta music?

Comment

Well ya got two major things goin fer ya. One, crammin that cooker into yer Civic. Two, you cook some great lookin food! Welcome, eat good and have fun!

PS. If’s ya need any help with the Wibs, we’ll test em fer ya!
      Last edited by FireMan; March 2, 2022, 09:14 AM.

Comment

That's a fantastic first post, welcome to The Pit and we hope you stick around and continue to share

Comment

Welcome!

Comment

Hello from NW Oregon
            Amazing Ribs brings people together, as BBQ do.
            Happy Grilling to you and PBR too.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit!

Comment

Welcome from Maryland

Comment

Welcome from the Midwest! Just visited your fine state last week and enjoyed a lot of clams and oysters.

Comment

Welcome from south Texas!

Comment

Welcome from Colorado ...

Comment

Thanks for the welcome everybody!

Originally posted by Jerod Broussard View Post
                        You might fit in!

Awesome cooks and pics......

What sorta music?
                        I'm a classical guitarist, although I usually have some Pink Floyd/Zeppelin playing while BBQing.

Murdy Just moved here in August, still need to have more seafood! I did have some great lobster/clams on my birthday.
                        Last edited by Jerod Broussard; March 2, 2022, 12:38 PM. Reason: Tagged Murdy

Comment

Welcome fr Cincy Ohio. your cooks look fabulous.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit from Dallas, Texas!

Comment

Greetings from South Africa.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X
                              false
                              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                              false
                              false
                              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                              Yes
                              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here