Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many ways are there to say thank you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How many ways are there to say thank you?

Good Morning from North Carolina,

To the amazingribs.com team, thank you, thank you, thank you!!!
    Like several others, I lurked around the edges of your site for quite a while; always enjoying the idea of making awesome, sticky finger BBQ, but never committing. (I know, stupid right?) The first shoulders I tried to make were fair, but not more than roasted pork. I almost gave up, but the engineer and dad in me would not accept that. Failure is just one step closer to enlightenment, right? Can't preach it if you are not willing to practice it.

One rainy Saturday morning, I found the holy grail and read about the science of BBQ by Meathead. YES! I think I might have even done a happy dance, much to the chagrin of my teenage kids who rolled their eyes and left the house screaming...my eyes! my eyes!

This led to a year of learning, experimenting, and HAVING A BLAST.
    The money I spent to become a member is not near enough to say thank you! I have learned more here than I did in some culinary classes I took with the community college.

Yesterday, I spent thirteen hours preparing, smoking, and serving shoulders my 2nd ever brisket to a group of about 30 people. Several said it was the best bbq they have ever tasted. (Again, the happy dance and screaming teenagers).

Well done amazingribs team...well done.

Your site has led me to many firsts...
    My first homemade sauce,
    My first homemade dips,
    First perfect ribs, turkey & brisket.
    Finally, my first homemade pit (I'll put a picture of it below).

You have a friend in NC, and if you are ever in the Hickory-Boone area look me up. Supper is on me.
    ~MartinNC

Like that pit

Comment

Welcome to the Pit MartinNC ...

I think we all lurked for awhile before spending money to join a website when they're giving away a boat load of information for FREE.

Sometimes the real value of something is hidden and you simply don't realize what you're missing out on. That certainly is the case with being a Pit member. There is a wealth of vital information on the public site but the info you get for free from Pit members by simply asking a question is priceless!

Pit members will walk you trough the question you have asked much quicker than any book you might have on the topic. Many of them will have already been through that learning curve and will explain it in depth.

The $25 you spent to join our community might be the best money you've ever spent in your BBQ journey.👍

You have a really nice rig too.👌

Comment

Welcome and awesome job. Hang around in here and post your cooks and questions you will learn (and teach) much more. I think a lot of the appeal comes down to the science, most places assume you aren't smart enough to get it so they just tell you to blindly follow, but people do much better when they understand why and how changes will affect the outcome.

Comment

you are in for a lot of fun enjoy and welcome just don't mention guns you get run out of town pardner

Comment

• DWCowles
            DWCowles commented
            Editing a comment
            Oh hell no let's talk about guns. That one of my favorite subjects.

• Papa Bob
            Papa Bob commented
            Editing a comment
            I think you got my drift my friend

WOW, MartinNC ! THAT is some testimonial!

And congrats on sticking with it, too!

Welcome! Have fun here!

Comment

Welcome To The Pit, MartinNC, You are in the right place Now! 👍👍👍👍👍. Dan

Comment

Welcome MartinNC

Comment

Welcome. Nice pit you made!!!

Comment

Welcome and I'm glad you gained so much from the pit.

Comment

Welcome! Nice rig. Your not fooling around. You will enjoy the pit. OBTW, it does help to be a little off center, or a little crazy 🤓

Comment

Welcome to The Pit MartinNC! Glad to have you here.

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos.

Also, it's very important that you add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list in case you are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Nice rig MartinNC. How close are you to Charlotte?

Comment

• MartinNC
                          MartinNC commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Hey sorry, I have been out of the loop with work. Has been crazy. I am about an hour to North Charlotte, 1 1/2 to the Carrowinds Park area.

• David Parrish
                          David Parrish commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Cool. You're an hour from me then. I'm on the NE side of Charlotte in Concord.

I think I'm gonna cry. What a great way to start my day. And we are not done yet. We are working on three cool new benefits for members.

Comment

• BigBear
                          BigBear commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Woo Hoo!!! Go Meathead. It just keeps getting better! BTW, welcome to the Pit MartinNC . Cool rig!

• MartinNC
                          MartinNC commented
                          Editing a comment
                          w00hoo, can't wait to celebrate. We got a nice doe this week, some of the hind quarters are on the smoker now and we are going to put on about 12 turkeys to help some less fortunate families next Wednesday. Can't wait. Hope you all have a safe Thanksgiving.

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here