Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hi from Packerland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi from Packerland

Hi all, glad to be joining the Pitmaster Club. I have been grilling all my life and am new to the smoking of meat so this site has been a real education. Past military, VFW, retired from law enforcement after 39 years and pulling double duty as a volunteer fire department EMT. Also fairly new to Harley riding, but having a blast. Learning this craft on a Weber Smokey Mountain 18.5 and the ribs have been amazing. Hope to learn as much as I can soak up here and thanks to all you experienced masters for sharing with us.

From one Packer fan to another, welcome!

Comment

Welcome Flash

Comment

more and more of us wisconsin peoples getting on here! welcome!

Comment

Flash, Welcome to the Pit! I hope you have better taste in BBQ than in Football Teams ribeyeguy, Eric can't help himself he was raised wrong!
          Go Vikings! 👍👍🍀👍👍. Dan

Comment

• ribeyeguy
            ribeyeguy commented
            Editing a comment
            LOL!

Welcome to the Pit from a Cowboys fan!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit. I was a big packer fan in the 60s when home grown Jimmy Taylor was the fullback.

Comment

welcome and thanks for your service enjoy the ride both here and on your scooter from a niner fan

Comment

Originally posted by Flash View Post
                Hi all, glad to be joining the Pitmaster Club. I have been grilling all my life and am new to the smoking of meat so this site has been a real education. Past military, VFW, retired from law enforcement after 39 years and pulling double duty as a volunteer fire department EMT. Also fairly new to Harley riding, but having a blast. Learning this craft on a Weber Smokey Mountain 18.5 and the ribs have been amazing. Hope to learn as much as I can soak up here and thanks to all you experienced masters for sharing with us.
                Welcome fellow Wisconsinite! I think you will find like the rest us that this site has no equal on the web for the wealth of knowledge all in one place. I also think you'll find the pit to be a great place to pick up "tribal" knowledge not written in books... you can't beat the experience of the people in here.

Comment

WELCOME!!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Flash! Sounds like quite a career!

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos.

Also, it's very important that you add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list in case you are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Thought I got the homework with doing the signature and Avatar. Already received my Magnet, the highlight of my day yesterday. Thanks for the welcome guys. Was just reviewing the beef jerky recipes. I do a jalapeno jerky via a dehydrator and the messages reminded me I'm overdue to make some.

Comment

• Danjohnston949
                        Danjohnston949 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Flash, I neglected to tell you I once had a Boss who had been a Piace Kicker for the Packers. His name is Al Green and he was No. 2 under Paul Hornung! I believe Lombardi was Coach, Al went on to Kick for Dallas under Tom Landry. Al is one heck of a fine fellow! He and his wife Leanna are retired and live in Jacksonville MS! Dan

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here