Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thanks from folsom Louisiana

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks from folsom Louisiana

Brand new to Smoking. Live on wild game. currently, wild pigs. Feeding three growing boys so planning on smoking quarters or at least large roasts if I can. Any and all help would be appreciated.
    Hunter

Them wild things are pretty lean. Reminds me almost of deer meat. Have plenty juice on hand or BBQ sauce on hand. Dry brine, go with a Memphis Dust rub. Smoke away.

I'm from southwest Louisiana. You almost in Mississippi.

Comment

hunterlewis, Welcome To The Pit! Pay careful attention to what Jerod tells you! You can make book on it. I don't believe you will intentionally get any bad advice or opinions on this site! Dan

Comment

Welcome aboard Lewis!

Comment

Welcome to the pit! You are talking about smoking bigger pieces of meat than I do, but if you are talking front shoulder or picnic I might be able to help. I don't have experience with wild game, but I suspect it would be leaner than store bought. What will you be smoking on? I assume you want to hot smoke it and not cold smoke for preservation. Correct? I can't help with the cold smoke.

Comment

Welcome hunterlewis

Comment

hunterlewis Welcome from Lake Charles!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit hunterlewis! I don't do much by way of roasts, mostly ribs and shoulders. Glad to have you here.

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos.

Also, it's very important that you add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list in case you are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here