Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from Southern Texas. Where you can grill using the hood of your truck.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from Southern Texas. Where you can grill using the hood of your truck.

Hello All.

I'm just getting into smoking. I've always loved grilling and have smoked a few meats (usually ribs) on a friend's Traeger. I just retired from a job where I moved constantly and can finally set my roots in. I had been relentlessly searching for "the best" smoker to buy over the last 8 months. I'm starting to realize there is a point where it becomes preference.

After listening to several recommendations from friends that use smokers often I went with the Recteq RT-700. So far I couldn't be happier and the customer service has been great.

There is something about smoking that is just relaxing and fun and I really want to keep learning and deep dive into making the best BBQ or anything smoked.

Just using my 5 free pages to browse this forum I learned more than I ever knew so I'm looking forward to this community and learning.

Thanks for the welcome and I hope everyone is well and healthy. I'll see you all in the forums.

Welcome to the Pit from southwest Florida.

Comment

Welcome from Virginia!

Comment

Welcome!

Comment

Welcome from Minnesota.

Comment

Welcome to the pit from Southern Illinois!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit!
              Cheers from Norway

Comment

Welcome from Maryland

Comment

Welcome to The Pit.

Comment

Welcome from Wisconsin. I hope you decide stick around. The cost/value of what you get here makes this the best deal on the internet.

Comment

Bienvenido, compadre.

BTW, people have been known to cook on the exhaust manifolds of Model A Fords (and probably other cars, as well) and even using the drying cycle in dishwashers for the same purpose.

Check this out:

You Can Now Download Our 5 Deep Dive eBooks For Free - Pitmaster Club (amazingribs.com)

Also, get a copy of Meathead's book.

Comment

• FireMan
                        FireMan commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Yup on the manifold. Chicken livers fer catfish bait.

Welcome to the Pit from Alabama! Glad to have you onboard, and looking forward to see what you are grilling on the hood of your truck, haha!

Comment

Welcome form upstate NY. Congratulations on your retirement! Looking to some pictures you relaxing while cooking on your new smoker.

Comment

Welcome from the Land of Enchantment and chile capital of the world!

Comment

Greetings and welcome from North Carolina.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X
                            false
                            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                            false
                            false
                            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                            Yes
                            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here