Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from Minnesota

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome to the Pit Nichelle02 ...

Kamado's are a dream in extremely cold climates.😎

Comment

• Nichelle02
      Nichelle02 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Breadhead. See, now I'm going to have to look into those, too

Originally posted by Huskee View Post
    Welcome to The Pit Nichelle02! Glad to have you here! I know personally when I was considering a Chubby I talked myself into the Party instead of the Chubby...because the day will come when you'll wish you'd have gotten the bigger one! Funny I never got either one though, I spent the money on a stickburner. I love the old school approach to tending a bonfire so that drew me to my final choice.

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos.

Also, it's very important that you add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list in case you are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner!

Hope to hear & see more from you!
    Thanks Huskee. I have some space limitations and need to fit my Weber Performer, a small pellet grill and the Chubby on my 'smallish' deck which also has chairs and a container vegetable garden. I'm now locked in on the G2 Chubby and will be picking it up next week. Yay!! I still have to decide on the choice of a pellet grill. It needs to be small, too.

And speaking of your choice, I bought Aaron Franklin's 'Meat Smoking Manifesto' book and it makes me wish I could pull off managing a stick burner. I have a lot to learn. Maybe that will be in my future some day.

Thanks!

​

Comment

Congrats! I'm sure you'll love it, and you're charged with sharing bragging pics of it and what you cook in it. Aaron Franklin's book is excellent, I love it. Very entertaining.

Comment

I pulled the trigger and picked up my new G2 Chubby on Friday. +$200 is awfully expensive for casters but, for me, that cooker is heavy. I need to be able to move it around without calling for help.

I bought a few accessories which aren't here yet. And it will be a couple of weeks before I start cooking in it as I have some travel between now and then. Looking forward to using it and posting pics later...

Comment

• Danjohnston949
          Danjohnston949 commented
          Editing a comment
          @Nichello02, 👍👍👍 Congrats on your New Purchase and that's no Joke! Dan

• Nichelle02
          Nichelle02 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks Dan! I felt really good about making the purchase after I was able to see it in person. The quality is great. Now, I'm seriously considering getting one for my brother as a Christmas gift.

Another Minnesota welcome, great site here to help with all your BBQ'ing needs, questions.
        Started here with just a Weber Summit series propane grill.
        We now have that, a Weber Q and a Camp Chef Smoke Vault.
        A PK grill was just ordered two days ago, so I'm hoping we have all the bases covered.

Al

Comment

Originally posted by AllenW View Post
          Another Minnesota welcome, great site here to help with all your BBQ'ing needs, questions.
          Started here with just a Weber Summit series propane grill.
          We now have that, a Weber Q and a Camp Chef Smoke Vault.
          A PK grill was just ordered two days ago, so I'm hoping we have all the bases covered.

Al
          Thanks AllenW ​This place is absolutely great. I've read multiple reviews, watched videos, searched the forum and saved recipes. And this site is also to thank for the purchase of a few accessories. Right now I'm trying to decide if I want a 'PartyQ'.

It definitely sounds like YOU have all of the bases covered. Now, I need to read up on PK grills! Thank you for the welcome.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here