Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from RJD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from RJD

Just joined. Not a newbie but not a great expert either. Definitely a Meathead groupie for how to do things right. Have a Weber Performer 22" kettle and cart with propane starter which I would not think of living without. Also have a Weber portable gas grill that basically retired five years ago given the much greater convenience and vastly superior effectiveness of the Performer. Cannot imagine ever bothering with gas again given the disgusting greasy inconvenience of such grills and basically having the same thing in the form of the gas oven that runs in the kitchen year round under all weather conditions. Recently returned to my long ago obsession with charcoal fired pizza and with a one small addition easily matched or exceeded what would be expected from a multi-thousand dollar wood burning ceramic pizza oven, six out of six times so far. You really can turn these things into first class backing ovens that heat with charcoal.

Welcome and thanks for the support!!

I STTTTIIIIIIIIIIILLLLLLLLLLLL have not cooked a pizza on the grill.....grrrrrrrrrr...need to do that one day.

Comment

Hey rjduwors Welcome Aboard -- make sure you send us some pics!

Comment

We;come to the pit. Nice to have you here!

Comment

rjduwors, Welcome to the Pit, You and I have exactly the same Weber Grills, color excepted mine is Green and I have not even fired it up yet! The 3 Cat Birds who posted ahead of me convinced me that I needed a S 'n S for the Weber, it just arrived via Amazon drop shipped from Adrenaline BBQ Co, Louisville KY, like the Grill it has not been used yet but if quality is indicator of function I have no question it will extend the length of burn and temp control of the Weber! Dan
          Last edited by Danjohnston949; October 2, 2015, 12:44 PM.

Comment

Welcome rjduwors! We're glad you're here. There's a lot of kettle love in The Pit so you'll find yourself in good company.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit rjduwors ! Can't go wrong following Meathead's advice.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit!!!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit rjduwors! Glad to have you here. Like Jerod, I too want to but haven't yet cooked a wood-fired pizza on my stickburner, but it's on the list. I have done lasagna though, that was great.

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos.

Also, it's very important that you add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list in case you are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit rjduwors ...

Just so you all know... Odds are that your outdoor cookers will produce a much better pizza than your kitchen oven will.

Pizzeria's cook pizza at 650° to 800° and your kitchen oven will only go to about 550°.

Get a pizza stone and preheat it to 700° to 800°, lid on. Use an IR Thermometer to know your pizza stone temp. Then put your pizza on and close the lid. It will take 4 or 5 minutes to cook.

You can do that on a Weber Kettle... I do it on my BGE.😎
                    Last edited by Breadhead; October 17, 2015, 01:20 AM.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here