Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello Everyone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello Everyone

This is a great forum and awesome site.

Got the "smoking bug" 2 years ago. Tried smoking on a gas grill at first, . I think the challenge there gave me the bug. Went out and bought a Vision Grill (different brand BGE). Now I smoke everything, as in BBQ not tobacco.

Always looking for smoking ideas. ​Smoked a 10lb prime rib the day after my daughters wedding recently. Thought I died and went to haven. It was that good.

Hope to learn a lot here and maybe learn enough to contribute info too. ​

Welcome Aboard rwhnze

Comment

Welcome to the Pit from Fargo ND, You might want to check the Site for Modifications people have made to offset smokers! I also own a COS (cheap) according to Meathead which I Have Modified, first I added Fire Brick to both the firebox and the grill chamber. This helps to hold the heat and even it out. Then I had diverter pans made up (local furnace man) carries the heat and smoke across the cook chamber, the second is attached to the lid under the chimney essentially reversing the flow allowing temp and smoke to stabilize across the chamber! Let me know if this is all clear as mud! Dan

Comment

• rwhnze
        rwhnze commented
        Editing a comment
        I like the idea of an offset smoker because someday I would like to smoke using logs instead of lump and a couple of junks of oak, hickory cherry etc, that's common with ceramic smokers.
        The only mods I have done to my Vision Grill is upgraded the gasket. Use it 1 - 3 times a week, winter, summer, rain, snow or sunshine. Just love the smell of BBQ!!!

Welcome!! Thanks for the support!!!

Comment

HELLO! Glad your here!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit rwhnze! Glad to have you here! I have yet to do an actual prime rib myself, although I've done tri-tip and many other roasts. Meat=good.

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos.

Also, it's very important that you add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list in case you are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

• rwhnze
            rwhnze commented
            Editing a comment
            done & done

G'day bud, meat is the word.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here