Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hi from California!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome to the Pit!

Comment

Welcome from north Texas. Have fun on the Pit. I’d say pull them Sooner before the sear.

Comment

Welcome from the California Delta

Comment

Welcome to the pit. Go Dodgers.

Comment

Welcome from Western Massachusetts.

Comment

hello from NW Oregon

Comment

Howdy from The Great State of Jefferson! Whereabouts in NorCal, if you don't mind my asking? Mt Shasta here.

Comment

I would pull at a lower temp or do a shorter sear, maybe 2 minutes and flip every 30 sec!
                  Welocme form a Santa Cruz escapee

Comment

Welcome from St. Cloud, FL.

Be sure to pull your steaks off the grill before you sear and the cooker is getting to temp. I cook mine low and slow at 225 until 115 internal, after getting the grill to about 425 I will sear each side on a griddle for 75 seconds on each side. Make another adult beverage and enjoy my steak.

Comment

Welcome from southern California!

Pull the steaks sooner…drop 5° each time until you hit your target. I usually pull mine 15-20° below target. Also, if that fire is rip roaring hot 4 mins sounds like a long time. I don’t go by time or temp during the sear…only by looks!
                      Last edited by Santamarina; July 19, 2021, 10:04 PM.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here