Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Allow me to introduce myself ... ;-)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Allow me to introduce myself ... ;-)

Hello everyone, I was so happy to see a new dedicated section at my favorite BBQ site! I had to sign up right away.

About me, I live in Columbus Ohio - Go Bucks! I have been grilling for years, but found Amazing Ribs about 7 or 8 years ago and have been a smoking fool ever since. Meathead has guided me well. I really love all the tips and tricks and the reasoning behind this stuff.

I am an Art Director and I am into Photography and I do 3D modeling + rendering especially for Consumer Packaged Goods.
    I have taught part time at The Columbus College of Art+Design for 17 years, Airbrush Illustration and Advertising Design.

So far this summer I have done Ribs 3 times and my first Brisket ever. See photo attached. I think it may have been the best thing I ever cooked.

Anyway, looking forward to getting to know people around here and see what all I can learn.

-Jim
    Last edited by 3DJ; July 14, 2014, 01:24 PM. Reason: Trying to get the right image size ...

Good to meet you DJ

Comment

Thanks Jon, nice meeting you!

Jim

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Jim! Check out my tip #4 on pic uploading. It will help make the best of your mad photography skillz! We also wouldn't mind seeing a post of your first brisket cook in the Recipes and Techniques section. Post your method and result so the rest of the Pit can learn and offer input for your next brisket. We're here to help each other. Where else are you going to find a dedicated crowd of pitmasters who know and understand the recipes you're cooking?

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here