Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hiya from KC!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hiya from KC!

Hi everyone. Figured with everything I learned from this site, supporting AR was the least I could do...

About me - I live in the Kansas City metro area with my wife and two cats, I enjoy cooking (especially modern techniques - e.g. sous vide), eating, science, beer (currently learning homebrewing). Lately I've been into cooking Mexican food (especially Yucatecan).

I'm not an experienced bbq'er (I'm not originally from KC), but am learning. This is a great site for that (thanks!)!
    Got a Slow n' Sear for my birthday and I made the last meal ribs last weekend and they were fantastic! Wife loved 'em too! Sprinkled some Memphis Dust on popcorn later too. I can't wait until my next chance for an extended smoke session (I'm thinking pork shoulder is up next)...

Welcome and thanks for the support and congrats on the Slow 'n Sear. Smoked pork butt money muscle with that thing is out of this world.

I plan to kick up more sous vide in the kitchen after the first of the year.

Comment

Welcome. I lived in KC for 2 years in the early 80's. Lived down by the plaza, kind of behind the museum. I learned so much and joined the same . Compared to first meal ribs, shoulders are super easy and delicious.. I have a boston and a picnic on right now about 3/4 done.

rick

Comment

Welcome Aboard, Cory

Comment

Hey Cory! Great to have ya!

Comment

Welcome Corey, K.C. BBQ is hard to beat! Dan

Comment

Welcome, I'll be spending a lot of time up your way soon. Go Chiefs!!

Comment

Welcome Cory H. The PIT is a great place, you will love it here. I hope you have a good sense of humor.

Comment

Thanks everyone, it's good to be here!
                  It is indeed nice to be in KC, where I can pick-up BBQ supplies, fruitwood chunks etc from my local grocery store. Plus Arthur Bryant's.

I'm looking forward to expanding my knowledge (and probably waistline..)!

Comment

​Welcome to The Pit Cory H.! Great to have you here. Also, welcome to the SnS club! Good food in your future! (And yes, unfortunately an expanded waistline just may come with the territory...unless you do that crazy thing called exercise like Pit Boss does.) Nice job filling out your signature too.

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos, in case you haven't seen it yet.

Also, it's very important that you add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list in case you are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here