Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maineiac Here, hello pitmasters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maineiac Here, hello pitmasters

Use to smoke , now its all about the smoke in the meat . I bought a Char-griller last yr at a yard sale for $10 used like twice, brought it home and started out smoking chicken wings and roast, added a fire box this spring , cant wait to try some new mods, hoping it will fix my heat distribution in the cook chamber

Welcome Maineiac, I'm guessing you're from Maine? (Nothing gets past me )

When you get a minute, check out Pit Boss' Welcome & Announcements channel on the main page and the posts within that channel. These will help you set up your signature as well as learn the best way to post those bragging pictures.

Thanks for the support and enjoy The Pit!

Comment

Welcome!

You're going to hear a lot of trash-talk about that Chargriller, especially with a firebox on it. Don't let it discourage you! I've had the same thing for 6 years now and although I will be the first to say that much of the complaints are well-deserved once you tame the beast it can turn out some damn fine BBQ. I take pride in being able to turn out quality cooks on that thing, and you will too.

Having accurate thermometers such as the Maverick 732 is an absolute must for understanding how to do that with that beast!

I promise you that the heat indicator on the lid is worthless. It can read as much as 50 degrees too low (or more!) compared to what the real temp is at the grate level. (And i've seen it be off by almost a 100 degrees too low at the location it is at.)
      Last edited by boftx; August 15, 2014, 09:19 AM.

Comment

Hey man, welcome to the club.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Maineiac! When you have a moment, check out my Welcome letter and tips topics, which will help you complete your signature (Tip#1). They're here and here.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here