Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from North Louisiana

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from North Louisiana

Have used this website for quite a while and learned a lot. Should have joined sooner. One my favorite things in the world is cooking for family and friends. The better the meal the better the memories.

Something we've done for years is tailgating at every Louisiana Tech home game. We generally feed at least 25. Sometimes a lot more. We pretty well touch all the bases during the course of a season. Brisket, pulled pork, ribs, burgers, steak, salmon, all kinds of sausage, fried catfish, fried turkey, gumbo.

I enjoy doing the things I know how to do well but I'm intrigued by doing new things. Last year for one tailgate I experimented with deep fried smoked ribs with pretty nice results. This year one of my grill buddies is going to show me how to do a whole pig...something I've always wanted to do. Yes it's legal to Cochon de Lait north of Alexandria!

All of the above sets up a tip of the hat to Meathead. I've learned so much from you and this website. Years ago tailgates were just burgers and sausage. But I never smoked a brisket until I found AmazingRibs.com. Ditto pork butt, ribs in all its forms, turkey... And after grilling steaks for decades, because of you I got myself a back lit Thermopen and changed how I do them. And they're better!

Thanks for a great website!
    Last edited by Tenacious Dog; August 5, 2015, 08:12 PM.

Love all my Louisiana Peeps! Hi from Lake Charles

Comment

Welcome to the Pit

Comment

Welcome aboard!

Comment

Welcome Aboard, Dog...

Comment

​Welcome to The Pit Tenacious Dog! Deep fried ribs is something I've always been meaning to experiment with. Do you do individual bones, or rack sections...and do you simply dip them as is to crisp them up, or do you batter them somehow? These things I must know.

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos.

Also, it's very important that you add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list in case you are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here