Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

VIDEO- Clint Cantwell On The Memphis Barbecue Scene (57 mins)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VIDEO- Clint Cantwell On The Memphis Barbecue Scene (57 mins)

Click image for larger version

Name:	cantwell.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	9.3 KB
ID:	151563

In this video we introduce Clint Cantwell, the new anchorman for theAmazingRibs.com Pitmaster Club where he will be taking over from me and do video interviews with top pitmasters and extract from them secrets and tips.

With a passion for all things barbecue and grilling, Cantwell was was named one of the "10 Faces of Memphis Barbecue" by Memphis Magazine in May 2015. He is the Editor of Grillocracy.com and Kingsford.com, a special contributor to TheDailyMeal.com, and has recurring grilling segments on both CNN's HLN, and WREG-TV. He is also the pitmaster of Smoke in da Eye competition barbecue and grilling team, and winner of Travel Channel's "American Grilled" nationwide cooking competition series.

From his childhood in Texas to several years spent in Kansas City, Wisconsin, New Orleans, and New York, Cantwell's passion for barbecue and grilling runs deep as he travels the country in search of the people, places, and tastes that define our shared grilling culture.

He lives just outside of Memphis along with his wife, three children, and Charcoal the dog, sharing his grilling ideas, experiences, recipes, tips, techniques and more. You can follow him here:

Twitter
    Facebook
    Instagram
    YouTube

A short apology: These interviews are recorded from Skype and I failed to show Clint how to switch on the split screen mode and so you will be forced to stare at me in most of the screen with Clint in a small picture in picture insert. The good news is that we have inserted a lot of neat photos of Memphis barbecue so there will be less of me. Oh, and you will want to watch right to the end because the last photo has a bit of a surprise.

Great video Meathead! If you want even easier fried chicken that you don't have to worry about being undercooked do a sous vide cook first, then fry. Amazing! I did a Nashville style chicken cook that way and it was incredible.

Comment

• Meathead
      Meathead commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, that is a great teechnique. If you salt during the sv it is superb.

If I use Memphis Dust or PBC All-Purpose I like to sauce the ribs.

If I use Huskee's rib rub I prefer to apply a little more after the cook and eat as a dry rub rib.

Comment

Gus's was a regular lunch stop of mine a few years ago. It is by far the best fried chicken I've ever had. I had quite the collection of Gus's cups.

Comment

Good video, looking forward to what Clint will bring to the table.

Comment

what Clint will bring to the table
          ​nice one jharner

Comment

I didn't know they still made that pen in your pocket Meathead! Maybe 40 years since I have seen that type of pen.🙄

Comment

Good video, will miss you Meathead, but looking forward to watching Clint. Neat little tune at the end.

Comment

I love fried chicken and have learned how to make some damn good bird thanks to the recipe in Kenji's new book. I really like Meathead's suggestion mentioned in this video about frying it in a cast iron Dutch oven outside on the grill. I picked up a Lodge 7 quart cast iron Dutch oven and seasoned it this weekend. Can't wait to try it out! Thanks MH.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here