Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weber Summit Charcoal Grilling Center (the version with table), $1600

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weber Summit Charcoal Grilling Center (the version with table), $1600

Just saw this tonight on Craig's List. Located in Rockton, Illinois (south of Madison, west of Chicago). Wish I could jump on this, but finances won't allow at the moment.

https://rockford.craigslist.org/for/...008056282.html

That's a great deal!

Comment

Here's an even better deal, in the Seattle area.

Comment

• fzxdoc
        fzxdoc commented
        Editing a comment
        Wow that is a great deal, with the Pit Viper and CyberQ included. Aren't you tempted?

K.

Nice deals. I wish Weber would lower its price so more people could purchase a WSCGC. That solid table with storage is wonderful, and well worth the additional money. It's a great cooker, kamado and kettle mode both, with enough real estate to cook a lot of food.

Kathryn

Comment

Originally posted by fzxdoc View Post
        Nice deals. I wish Weber would lower its price so more people could purchase a WSCGC. That solid table with storage is wonderful, and well worth the additional money. It's a great cooker, kamado and kettle mode both, with enough real estate to cook a lot of food.

Kathryn
        I am guessing they figure anyone on a budget will go for for the Performer or a standard kettle. There is a huge middle tier they are missing however. I.e. something under $999 that is bigger than the 22” and has a side table - like a 26” Performer.

Comment

• fzxdoc
          fzxdoc commented
          Editing a comment
          Agreed. They need to fill that niche or lower the WSCGC price. I wonder what the profit margin is on a WSCGC.

K.

• jfmorris
          jfmorris commented
          Editing a comment
          fzxdoc Kathryn, I think most kamados are somewhat overpriced, but the Summit, as nice as it is, especially so, considering its just insulated double walled steel. No super heavy fragile ceramic casting with extra care and handling needed in shipment, so if anything, the Summit ought to be lower cost than it is. Consider how cheap Akorn is, at $329 list for a triple walled steel body. Sure, quality of the Weber is simply not there, but I feel the Summit ought to be closer to $1000 than $2000.

• jfmorris
          jfmorris commented
          Editing a comment
          The Summit gas grills can probably justify their price tag through the higher cost of all the stainless steel used, plus the "Made in USA" premium. Although.... my older Genesis was made in the U.S.A. and cost $399 in 2002, and was not totally out of line with the market at that time.

I would agree with both points -- the WSCGC looks like an amazing cooker, but there's a huge jump in price from the Performers to a comparable WSCGC. Probably a justified jump given the extra features in the WSCGC, but still ...

Comment

• jfmorris
          jfmorris commented
          Editing a comment
          I would have trouble justifying it considering that when it comes down to it, I can cook the same things on it that I cook on my Performer for a lot less cost. Maybe one day when my last kid is married, all the tuition and student loans are paid off. Heck, the house is paid for in 7 years - just gotta make it that long!

• IowaGirl
          IowaGirl commented
          Editing a comment
          I meant "justified" more in terms of looking at the WSCGC as an engineer and what it takes to make this product, but I realize I didn't explain it that way. I understand what you mean, jfmorris, and agree with your point of view as a consumer. That's why I'm not seriously in the market for a WSCGC, even a used one. But a girl can dream!

• jfmorris
          jfmorris commented
          Editing a comment
          IowaGirl Understood. As an engineer myself I can't see how the cost of the Summit with table can be 4x the cost of the Performer with the side table. I doubt the materials is even half of the cost involved.

All valid points. When I looked at it I did so as a comparison to The BGE and other ceramics. From that perspective it is comparable. At least that’s how I justified my MCS.

Comment

Chicago area:

https://chicago.craigslist.org/wcl/a...007640738.html

New condition Summit, $1,100 (basic version that typically goes $15-1600, I believe, no table)

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here