Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Interesting charcoal or wood grill FS in my area

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting charcoal or wood grill FS in my area

I stumbled across this used grill recently. The base is cast iron and the grill can be raised and lowered with a hand crank. The grill can be used with charcoal or wood according to the owner. Price is $125 or best offer.

I think it's intriguing -- maybe what you might call a Santa Maria type grill? I'm not sure that I need this or even want it. I also don't know if it's a good price or whether my patient husband is going to start rolling his eyes at me in exasperation. Although he did admit he bought (YET ANOTHER!) hunting rifle recently, so maybe he'll cut me some slack.

Any comments or reactions, whether serious, snide or silly, from you good people will be muchly appreciated.

Click image for larger version

Name:	grill.jpg
Views:	204
Size:	29.8 KB
ID:	680590

I would snap it up NOW!

Comment

Go ahead and dance with it. If ya don't like it, you can sell it and maybe break even.

Comment

Sweet, a round Santa Maria. Offer $50 and get it !!!

Comment

What Cheef said, get that thing. Maybe haggle a little, but don't let it slip away. I use my SM grill every chance I can and you will love it. It appears to be very well built and passes the "coolness" test. Open fire cooking is really fun.

Comment

DH suggested this would be a suitable bribe.

Click image for larger version

Name:	car.jpg
Views:	157
Size:	51.5 KB
ID:	680635

Comment

• Mudkat
              Mudkat commented
              Editing a comment
              Ha! Ha! Yup!

• smokin fool
              smokin fool commented
              Editing a comment
              ….quickest way to a mans heart cars n food....amongst other things.

I would buy that with a quickness!

Comment

Grab it ASAP!!!

Comment

If you are not going to buy it.. where is it located?? I would be interested in that .

Comment

Backroadmeats -- I've asked the owner if the grill is still for sale, and I'm going to hold this close to my vest for the moment. If this falls through, I promise I'll pass the info on to you ASAP.

Comment

Good enough I wouldn't tell anyone if I knew where it was either.. thanks

Comment

The unexpected stuff I stumbled over while looking for info on this particular grill on the internet -- https://germangirlinamerica.com/how-to-schwenker-grill/

Comment

• Mr. Bones
                        Mr. Bones commented
                        Editing a comment
                        ¡Sehr Kühl!

Is it in Iowa by chance?

too bad Jon Solberg isn't still around I bet he has one

Comment

• Mr. Bones
                        Mr. Bones commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Jon's still around, jus not here...
                        I talked to him quite awhile, near Christmas, sends his regards to Th Pit...

• IowaGirl
                        IowaGirl commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Hi, Mudkat -- Yep, it's in Iowa. I take it that Jon likes grills like this one?

• Mudkat
                        Mudkat commented
                        Editing a comment
                        He had some interesting over the fire setups IowaGirl. Des Moines? 😀

Mr. Bones Thanks for clarifying! It did sound like I thought he passed.

If that was local to me, I'd likely already be pullin supper offa it...
                      I'd haggle, see what happens...

Comment

It's not super local like in my backyard, but it's close enough that I'm willing to drive to pick it up.

Thanks (I think!) for the encouragement, fellas.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
                          Mr. Bones commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Quite Welcome, Milady!
                          Some of us have ever lived to serve...

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here