Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PBC for Sale … I’m done with charcoal!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PBC for Sale … I’m done with charcoal!

… partially because I live in the State of Colorado in an area where, if the weather is nice enough to cook outside, we are almost always under a Stage 1 Burn Ban … and partially because bad knees combined with a house & yard layout that makes it very difficult to make it to and from an area in the yard where an open fire is safe while carrying an armload of food … without a whole lot of pain and cursing.

As a result, I’ve decided that it’s time to part company with my beloved PBC. It’s roughly 3 years old (it’s one of the shiny enameled models), lightly used, and in virtually new condition.

All of this must go (original prices shown):
    • Pit Barrel Cooker - ($299)
    • PBC Cover - ($35)
    • Ash Pan - ($30)
    • Extra Hook Remover - ($10)
    • Weber Chimney Starter (Large) - ($15)
    • Weber Chimney Starter (Compact … for easier maneuvering in the barrel) - ($14)
    • 2 Charcoal Companion Sausage Grilling Baskets (modified to hang in the PBC) - ($27)

As you can see, I’ve invested a little more than $400 total in the PBC and accessories and shortly I plan to advertise it all on Denver-area Craigslist … probably for somewhere around $200 - $250. It’s not on CL yet because I thought I’d give folks in the Pit first crack at it.

So, if you’re interested, and close enough to Parker, Colorado (roughly 30 miles SE of Denver) to come pick it all up, I’ll let the whole thing go to a Pit member for a no-haggle Pit Special price of $150.

I’ll also be happy to throw in as many bags of KBB as I have left in the garage (I think there’s at least two bags out there).

Click image for larger version

Name:	PBC Sale Pic.JPG
Views:	162
Size:	182.7 KB
ID:	564763

What what a bummer man, about the knees & all the cussin. I feel for ya. If I lived close I’d jump all over it, maybe even tip ya. Stay cookin! 🕶

Comment

I went with a dual fuel charcoal/propane for the same reason - that "can be turned off" exemption in most of the fire ban levels means I can actually use it. We moved to Evergreen 2 1/2 years ago, and have an outdoor fire pit that we still haven't used.

Not that I'm complaining - I'm absolutely in one of the houses that the fire bans are trying to protect. Lightning and idiots have set enough of the state on fire without me contributing any accidents to the list.

Comment

• HouseHomey
        HouseHomey commented
        Editing a comment
        Are you sure you don't live in California? The " Idiots" rang a bell.

• BMStroh
        BMStroh commented
        Editing a comment
        They're pretty universal, unfortunately. Just recently, we've had fires started by people shooting tracer rounds in a dry forest, and someone trying to smoke out voles in their yard...

We have our share in Colorado.

Wow. It’s looking brand new... helluva deal!

Comment

I am sorry to hear about you dilemma. Looking forward to hearing about your adventures in gas grilling.

Comment

• MBMorgan
          MBMorgan commented
          Editing a comment
          And pellet pooping ... just ordered a Grilla for the kitchen-level wooden deck.

• LA Pork Butt
          LA Pork Butt commented
          Editing a comment
          MBMorgan that should be a great help with charcoal withdrawal. LOL I hear great things about pellet poopers

Are you going gas or a pooper?

Comment

Originally posted by HouseHomey View Post
          Are you going gas or a pooper?
          Both. I’ve got a Weber EP-330 (with a Baking Steel griddle plate) and I just ordered a Grilla pellet pooper.

Comment

• FireMan
            FireMan commented
            Editing a comment
            Hey, I did check & I’m only 15 hrs 34 min away. 🕶

If I wasn’t halfway across the country I would jump on that deal. Which Grilla model did you order?

Comment

• MBMorgan
            MBMorgan commented
            Editing a comment
            The Grilla

I am interested. How close are you to Marble? My brother has a place there.

Comment

If I was closer, I'd jump all over this. Someone is getting a great deal. Grill on!

Comment

Sorry about your dilemma but it sounds like you are adapting nicely. You will miss the charcoal and the smokey taste but ya gotta do what ya gotta do.

Comment

Originally posted by jecucolo View Post
                I am interested. How close are you to Marble? My brother has a place there.
                Google maps says 222 miles from my place in Parker to the center of Marble.

Comment

• jecucolo
                  jecucolo commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yeah I checked it out my be a little too far to ask him to drive. I sure would like to take it off your hands. dang the bad luck

Sorry to hear about your knees. Part of why I gave my old propane cabinet smoker to my son and got a Grilla myself. The old smoker dripped grease every time I used it, and made a mess. No way I was going to put the thing on my deck. The Grilla only drips grease where it's supposed to, although if you are going to smoke something with a lot of fat, replace the cage (I think that's still what comes with them) that holds a can with a bucket. I like being able to step out my door with what I'm putting in and taking out of the cooker. I've had one knee replaced, the other is an upcoming event, and there are times I'm not sure that knee is going to hold going down stairs, especially with my hands full and unable to use the handrail. You'll really enjoy the Grilla, I sure do.

Comment

Dang, TMFB strikes again. The reward for living long enough is to fall apart. That's a very generous offer. I think will enjoy the pellet cooker. Perhaps not as much bark or smoke as you're used to with the PBC, but you will still enjoy the results. Happy Grilling!!

Comment

• MBMorgan
                    MBMorgan commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Thanks! I also got a 12" A-MAZE-N tube to supplement the pellet smoke if it's too light.

MBMorgan, Wishes And Horse Feathers❗️❓❗️ I Have A Brother In Sheyenne WO But He Would Probably Charge Me An Arm And A Leg For Mileage❓❗️❓ Good Luck, It's A Good Deal‼️
                  Dan

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here