Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SOLD- (opened) Blues Hog dry rub & Harry Soo dry rub

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SOLD- (opened) Blues Hog dry rub & Harry Soo dry rub

Selling 2 bottles of dry rub. 1 Harry Soo All Purpose and 1 Blues Hog.

Both of these were opened by me and used once or twice. Neither were left open or had spoons or fingers in them, just shaken onto meat. If buying opened spices doesn't appeal to you- I get it, no offense taken. I just personally don't care for them and I know I won't use them again and they'll sit in my cupboard and get hard and I'll end up tossing them in a year or two. Might as well sell them much reduced to a good home of someone who wants to try them.

Harry Soo's rub goes for $17 on Amazon and the Blues Hog rub goes for $11-and change.

Both are yours for $15.00 total including shipping to US address.

Here you see how much is left in each.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMAG1479.jpg Views:	1 Size:	280.5 KB ID:	539251Click image for larger version  Name:	IMAG1480.jpg Views:	1 Size:	253.5 KB ID:	539250

Sold, if I ain't too late to th party...

Comment

• CaptainMike
      CaptainMike commented
      Editing a comment
      Wait a minute......It's like going on 11:00 in The Kansas Territory, nevermind.

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, plus been up since bout 0300, Cap'n... CaptainMike
      Some nights are better than others

• CaptainMike
      CaptainMike commented
      Editing a comment
      I know the feeling.

Originally posted by Mr. Bones View Post
    Sold, if I ain't too late to th party...
    At 4 minutes in you're definitely the first bidder!

Comment

What was the flavor in the rubs that you don't care for? I haven't tried either one.

Comment

Bidder? That being the case I'll go $15.50 !!!! Just kidding .....

I am curious, why didn't you like the Harry Soo product ???

Comment

Better not close the thread yet, just in case Mr. Bones doesn't like them.

Comment

I already use th Blues Hog, as an admixture...
            Wanted to try th Harry Soo's, as I admire who he is/what he's accomplished...

Yer next in line, if I decide otherwise, since ya kinda called dibs!

Comment

Originally posted by Randy-Phx View Post
              What was the flavor in the rubs that you don't care for? I haven't tried either one.
              Sorry, didn't mean to ignore you. Blues Hog has a certain spice, I can't quite pinpoint it...it's sorta clove-y and sorta nutmeg-y, but not really either of those...anyway I don't care for it. I made a couple grilled/smoked pork meals with it and finally made good ol' ribs, and no one cared for the rack with it. Just personal preference. And the Harry Soo rub, well, it's smokey, and I don't like my rubs to be smokey because I prefer to use smoke to make things smokey. And we just thought his rub was "meh"....I hate to say it, but.. boring. Just wasn't the flavor we were looking for. Wife & I were in total agreement. We like my rub and Memphis Dust better, and we really like my rub, MMD, and BBBR mixed, with a brown sugar topper. That's been my go-to rib blend lately.

Troutman, see above, sorry to ignore you.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
                Mr. Bones commented
                Editing a comment
                Randy-Phx Huskee
                Agreed!
                I've repeatedly used it successfully on butts, ribs, etc., Pre-Cook Love it...
                BUT...used as a seasonin, after summat is cooked, taters, eggses, what have ya, there is a certain, undefinable, lingerin spice that I jus keep tastin, an wish it would stop. Hickory an fire seems to eradicate it, fortunately!

Many Thanks, once again, Aaron!

Mr. Bones Have you tried Soo's rub yet? If so whatcha think?

Comment

• Mr. Bones
                Mr. Bones commented
                Editing a comment
                On th menu fer this weekend got 4 racks of back ribs restin in th icebox! Gonna do 4 different rubs, mebbe more, if I grab a few more racks tonight, before they go off sale!
                (I've got a couple I haven't barely used, yet...Stubb's Bar-B-Q, Arthur Bryant's Rack Shack BBQ Old No.77, an Head Country Championship)
                Kinda wantin to do some side by side comparison...
                Last edited by Mr. Bones; May 7, 2021, 10:03 PM.

• Mr. Bones
                Mr. Bones commented
                Editing a comment
                Truth be told, fer as store-boughten goes, I find myself comin back to 3LP KCAP, (Three Little Pigs, Kansas City All Purpose) over, an over again, fer pork. Dang, it's tasty stuff!

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here