Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kettle lid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kettle lid

WTB a kettle lid for uds I’m building

What size do you need? If a standard Weber 22" lid will work, look on craigslist 'cause a new one from Weber runs over $80 the last time I checked.

Comment

• Fire Art
      Fire Art commented
      Editing a comment
      I can get replacement char broil Fir fifty three shipped my Webber 22 lid going to have to pull double duty till I desire or find an old grill

Just curious, are you going to use your barrel lid too?
    Last edited by Mudkat; May 3, 2018, 07:57 AM.

Comment

For storage my grates are going to start 3” under the lid

Comment

• Mudkat
        Mudkat commented
        Editing a comment
        Ahh. That does give you more room to hang ribs.

If/when I built a UDS my plan is to use the lid that comes with the barrel, and put the first grate about 7 inches down, and another grate below that. For $10-12 udsparts.com sells a 2" exhaust with damper that screws right into the bung hole of the barrel lid that I would probably get to use.

Comment

• Mudkat
        Mudkat commented
        Editing a comment
        That's what I did. It fits snug and does not leak.

The little localized late afternoon downbursts we get here on the gulf in the summer are going to mess with my PBC cooks. I need a lid that's at least 15.5 inches.

I've been thinking of getting a cheap grill somewhere for for just the lid, and donate the remaining components to a charity thrift store.

Comment

• jfmorris
        jfmorris commented
        Editing a comment
        Here's a cheaper solution for you: an upside down pan and 3 bricks, if rain is expected. Put 2 bricks on edge on top of the PBC lid, then the upside down pizza pan or water heater pan, then a brick on top to hold it down in case of wind.

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here