Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FS: Houston Pit Barrel Cooker, Plus, Plus!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FS: Houston Pit Barrel Cooker, Plus, Plus!

We're down-sizing and moving to a retirement community, so no more smokin' for me; I'll be stuck with the common gassers.

All for pick up in central Houston, TX, near Rice University and the Med Center. Cash only.

Group 1. Pit Barrel cooker, original model with powder paint. Used, of course, but not terribly; minor rust on cover. Mounted on a 4-caster dolly for easy transport; lower air intake modified to a calibrated sliding shutter, Hole added for Auber fan temperature controller. Accessories, included: all hooks, original grate, Great Grate, frog mat, home-made ash catcher, basket hook, SS basket divider for smaller cooks, plastic pan for soaking-cleaning grates, large and small starter chimneys, 5x 20 lb bags of Kingsford BB charcoal, and assorted wood chips. All for $225.

Group 2. Auber SYL-1615 temperature control system for smoker, with sensor, fan, and electric relay for cheapo electric smokers, or whatever. Included, cheapo electric smoker, good separate unit for fish. $40

Group 3. Warp 12 searing outfit for you SV fans. High output propane burner on short stand (like for crawdad boils) with Grill Grates. This baby will reach 1000 deg F pretty easily. How do I know? ThermoWorks IR-GUN-S, Included! Also propane hose, regulator, and 2 propane tanks. Want something a little smaller? Propane torch on hose to another propane tank. Propane tank hang-gage included. $30

Email [email protected] if interested. Thanks.

Sorry to hear you are leaving the smoking world! Remember.......you can still smoke on a gasser!!!!

Good luck selling your items and with your move and retirement. I hope you will stick around and we sincerely thank you for your continued support through the years.

Comment

Oh my Doc. This is a serous downgrade. We don't live anywhere need Huston. Wishing you all the best with your sale and move. Hope this was a planed move and nothing related to that hurricane.

Comment

Good luck Doc. My dad just retired and left his big offset smoker and 6 burner gas grill at his old house when they moved to be close to me (I am the chosen one to care for them in their old age!). He's downsized to a Weber Spirit E330, and I dropped off a bag of pecan chips so he could make a smoke pouch for the spare ribs he cooked yesterday. According to them, it came out delicious. Like others said - you can smoke on a gasser, just not in as much volume...

If I was closer to Houston I would drive over and buy all your gear - it's a great deal for someone.

Comment

Best of luck in the new digs! Keep on smoking!

Comment

I couldn’t imagine what it would be like not to smoked meat anymore.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here