Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chicago area - Cajun Bandit smoker conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chicago area - Cajun Bandit smoker conversion

Anybody in the Chicago burbs interested in a black Weber kettle with the original style Cajun Bandit smoker conversion? Kind of makes it into a WSM. Nice heavy duty with lots of space. Getting ready to move, and thinning out the grill herd!

$175? The Cajun Bandit was originally $225 less shipping by itself. Includes extension, stainless charcoal ring, stainless water bowl, and a pizza tray that I used instead of the water bowl sometimes.

-- John

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6665.JPG
Views:	522
Size:	84.0 KB
ID:	339208

meikj, That's a Good Look'n OutFit! If I lived a little Closer to Chi Town I'd have to Take a Look❓ I don't think You'll Have It Long! Good Luck!
    🇺🇸 "Happy 4th of July" 🇺🇸
    Eat Well and Prosper! From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

Too pricey? How about $150?

Comment

• Smokin'Rick
        Smokin'Rick commented
        Editing a comment
        meikj It may just be an illusion on what appears to be on an elevated deck, but the entire unit seems to be too tall to reach and use the top grate. How tall is it actually? I might have some interest if it's still available. Thx.
        Last edited by Smokin'Rick; July 4, 2017, 08:44 AM.

Love my Cajun Bandit. I can say the quality is outstanding and if you're throwing in the kettle too, the price is more than fair. Wish I lived closer. I'd be tempted to double up.

Comment

Smokin'Rick , it's about 47" tall from deck to top grate. With the lid, it's about 53" tall. It does seem bigger in the picture, sitting on a ground level deck next to a fence. The top of the Weber gas grill that is right next to it is about the same height with the lid closed, i.e. top grate of smoker is about same height as closed lid of Weber Genesis. I'm 6'4" and I always thought the Weber kettles were too low :-)

Comment

• Smokin'Rick
          Smokin'Rick commented
          Editing a comment
          meikj Then it's not much taller than my 22.5" WSM. Am I right to assume this a 22" kettle and it's included with the Cajun Bandit package? How old are the two units? What is your time frame to move it out? Don't worry about replying to me today. Enjoy your July 4th holiday/celebration! Thanks.
          Last edited by Smokin'Rick; July 4, 2017, 01:30 PM.

Yep, it's a regular Weber 22" kettle, with the Cajun Bandit stuff. I can't remember when I got them, but probably five years old or so. Kettle pre-dates the Cajun Bandit.

No rush, let me know if you are interested.

Comment

Bump! Any interest at $150? Cleaning out before the movers come to pack!

-- John

Comment

Would if I could, but no charcoal allowed on my deck.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here