Instagram AmazingRibs Facebook AmazingRibs X - Meathead Pinterest AmazingRibs Youtube AmazingRibs
BBQ Stars

Welcome!


This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | 30 Day Trial | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Free to a Home (Good or Bad)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Free to a Home (Good or Bad)

    EDIT:Going to the curb. 9/23/26

    I have a Masterbuilt 40" Thermotemp propane smoker for free to anyone who can come by and pick it up. I posted a lengthy reply to a thread here, speaking in detail about my difficulties of getting it lit and staying lit. I verified that the flame sensor is wrench tight; Masterbuilt sent me a new one (which I will include), and also a control panel, which I installed. I'll throw in the propane tank which is still on its original fill, maybe half full.

    I'm in Fort Wayne, IN, about 2 1/2 hours from Chi and 2 hours from Indy. After a week (9/23/26), I promised Mrs. Bluesman that I will at least haul it to the curb.

    Message me if you're interested.​

    ​
    ​


    ​ image widget
    Last edited by BBQBluesman; September 23, 2026, 07:18 AM.

    #2
    I am glad most of the for sale and give away smokers are too far for me to go get...

    Comment


      #3
      Before you give up on it try another propane tank, maybe even another regulator. I've had issues with both in the past - the defective propane tank took me awhile to figure out, swapped it and everything worked.

      Comment


        #4
        Thanks, 58. I tried 2 brand new tanks. Also, Masterbuilt sent me a replacement regulator and control panel the first time. Additional symptom then to the lighting problem was the regulator frosting over.

        Comment


          #5
          I'm sorry you are having persistent problems with it. I've had mine for several years and have been fairly happy with it. The only issue I've had is that after awhile the temperature inside the smoker stopped matching the number on the thermostat dial. Now I just regulate it based on the reading I get from my Fireboard ambient probe.

          Comment


            #6
            Thanks! You're a lucky man! When the smoker does remain lit, the temperature on the knob setting is never even close to actual measured temperature inside the cabinet, as displayed by my ThermoWorks Smoke. I will say this, the ambient temperature does respond quickly to small adjustments.

            Maybe it's me. If so, someone (besides the landfill) can score a perfectly good smoker that I apparently cannot figure out.
            Last edited by BBQBluesman; September 18, 2026, 01:03 PM.

            Comment


              #7
              Huskee

              Can you please close this thread? Smoker is going to the curb this afternoon. Thanks.

              Comment

              Announcement

              Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              0
              Guest
              Guest
              500
              ["membership","help","nojs","maintenance","shop","reset-password","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2025-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2026-issues","\/forum\/bbq-stars","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/tuffy-stone","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/meathead","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/harry-soo","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/matt-pittman","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/kent-rollins","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/dean-fearing","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/tim-grandinetti","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/kent-phillips-brett-gallaway","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/david-bouska","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/ariane-daguin","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/jack-arnold","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads
              7