Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What people are saying about Max's Black Swan BBQ Sauce!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What people are saying about Max's Black Swan BBQ Sauce!

All three of these sauces are excellent! They have a depth and complexity of flavor you just don't find in the grocery-store sauces. Here are my notes:

Savory Original: Thick with tomato overtones and a good balance of pepper and sweet. There's a complexity here that I love. It tastes as if the sauce has been slow-simmered to really draw out and increase the depth of the flavors.

Sweet Cognac: This is the most interesting BBQ sauce I have ever tasted, very unique flavors. The hints of oregano, citrus, and cognac are really, really good. This sauce is so hard to describe! Imagine an old-world style marinara sauce that wakes up and decides it now wants to be an American BBQ sauce. Very complex. If you have a relatively spicy dish already -- as my chicken was -- this will complement it perfectly. I freely admit to putting it into a spoon and eating a few spoonfuls straight. It also begs to be used as a baste for ribs.

Beso del Fuego: This is it. This is the sauce. This is what I was looking for! Depth of flavor, heat, and the flavor of the peppers responsible for the heat. If I could pick just one sauce on a desert island, this is it. This is the sauce that is going in the hurricane evacuation kit, without question. Happy, happy burn! https://blackswancompany.com/order.html?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Max Good; November 7, 2021, 01:39 PM.

You know, Max, it must be so satisfying to know that your sauces bring so much pleasure to so many. Kudos my friend.

Comment

Heh, those words look familiar. I wrote them.

I think it has been a year and a half now since I got my first shipment of the three sauces. Every word I wrote is still true today. Beso del Fuego is still my favorite sauce. (I have three bottles in the pantry right now.) Sweet Cognac has been a lot of fun; it is extremely versatile. Savory Original is excellent and is my goto for when I am looking for "classic" BBQ.

And the one common denominator among all three of the sauces is that the depth of flavor for a commercial sauce is outstanding. They taste like they were done in small batches, not commercially produced.

And just like last year, I plan to give the three-pack out as gifts this Christmas.

Comment

• Red Man
        Red Man commented
        Editing a comment
        As I was reading the post I was thinking it was your review of the sauces.

Michael_in_TX Thanks once again for your kindness and support. The gift set are currently sold out but we'll have more in stock shortly! Please tell your friends and family. Happy holidays!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here