Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2018 MAK 2-Star for sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2018 MAK 2-Star for sale

2018 2-Star with the following
    Upgraded to 2020+ version of the pellet boss w/K-Probe ports, has the firmware update to grill at 600+ degrees ($300)
    1 MAK K-Probe ($75)
    Upgraded to 2020+ version rain guard between hopper and main chamber (stops a situational leak some folks had)
    Front door ($200)
    Full Size Grate ($100)
    3/4 Size Grate ($85)
    MAK WiFi Module ($300)
    Grill Cover, in perfect shape other than slight fading on the red portions of the MAK emblem ($100)

Asking $2300 or reasonable offer, for pick up roughly an hour south of Raleigh NC or may be willing to meet up near Raleigh or Fayetteville.

MAK does sell the rack rail upgrade to add the 2 additional grate racks that the current models have as well as a conversion kit for a roaming thermocouple. Both upgrades will fit this model and then you have a 2021 spec 2 Star with a bunch of goodies for the same price as a 2021 bare bones 1 Star.

What's wrong with it? Nothing, I am just purchasing the 100% stainless version
    Last edited by ItsAllGoneToTheDogs; May 10, 2021, 03:03 PM.

Howdy "It's",

You may recognize me from the other threads about a used MAK. Again, thanks for the help.

BTW, what ISN"T stainless on the 2-star?

PS - How much to deliver to Long Island, NY? (LOL)

Comment

• ItsAllGoneToTheDogs
      ItsAllGoneToTheDogs commented
      Editing a comment
      On the standard 2 Star, the pellet hopper and warming box bodies are aluminized steel with stainless lids, and the cart is entirely aluminized steel (but the optional door is full stainless).

NY is quite a bit further than I would be willing to drive though

• smokyYank
      smokyYank commented
      Editing a comment
      Deliver it, hang out and drink beers while me make (and then) eat something LOL

Sucker! Totally get it 👊🏻🤷🏻‍♂️😜

Comment

Did a quick clean but we had a storm rolling in. This is what 30 minutes of cleaning gets you. With some elbow grease you can get everything back to pure shiny steel except the flamezone, heat deflector, and firepot.

I couldn't get a good interior shot because of the thunderstorm.

Click image for larger version

Name:	0331211259b_HDR.jpg
Views:	466
Size:	197.3 KB
ID:	1012069

Name:	0331211259a_HDR.jpg
Views:	472
Size:	200.4 KB
ID:	1012071

Name:	0331211259_HDR.jpg
Views:	478
Size:	181.3 KB
ID:	1012070

Name:	0331211842.jpg
Views:	497
Size:	212.6 KB
ID:	1012068

Comment

What cleaning product did you use? That looks spectacular. Mine gets a lot of carbon buildup around the hood and vents, so wondering what you used.

Comment

• Huskee
          Huskee commented
          Editing a comment
          ItsAllGoneToTheDogs I can't find that product unless it's by the case, by either name. Amazon, Home Depot, Walmart etc all seem to be out of it. I ordered some Goo Gone Grill & Grate cleaner, I hope it works as well. I need to shine up my Grilla Silverbac, it's getting too much brown on its nice shiny silver.

• ItsAllGoneToTheDogs
          ItsAllGoneToTheDogs commented
          Editing a comment
          Huskee I buy it by the case, takes 2+ cans per cleaning anyway

• glitchy
          glitchy commented
          Editing a comment
          GolfGeezer Huskee I haven't tried this on the MAK yet, nor compared to Mr. Muscle, but Barkeepers Friend powder and the gentler blue Scotch Brite sponges used to work wonders on my Memphis' SS. Just sprinkle powder on the grill, then start working it with a damp sponge. I found it a lot more effective than liquid barkeepers. I'll be looking for Breakup/Mr. Muscle though too. Then I polished with the Weiman SS wipes after all rinsed and clean. Another option if you cannot find Mr. Muscle.

Got the go ahead from my wife to buy the all stainless 2-star BEFORE I even sell this one (I don't know what she was drinking). Anyway this is no longer a possibility, this 2-star is 100% on the market. But I'm in no rush either.

So serious reasonable offers will be considered.

Comment

• glitchy
          glitchy commented
          Editing a comment
          Better change that user name to LuckyDogWithSS2Star.

• rwalters
          rwalters commented
          Editing a comment
          Awesome and here’s to an early congrats brutha!

Just an update, I am now also including the WiFi module for the same asking price.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here