Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Old Tub - NCF BiB and $20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Old Tub - NCF BiB and $20

Before the days of Prohibition Jim Beam was apparently known as Old Tub. So, now you know where the name comes from.

Apparently Old Tub could only be had through the Jim Beam distillery but it has been made widely available in 2020 as a limited release.

If you like the Beam profile, then this is definitely worth having on your shelf while you can get it.

100 proof. Bottled in Bond. And non chill-filtered? For $20? Are you kidding me? No. No I am not kidding you. And in this day of craft bourbon and hard to find overpriced bottles that you used to score on the cheap, it’s just nice to pass the long lines of folks trying to find Blanton’s and pick up a cheap BiB NCF bourbon that, quite frankly, tastes better than a lot of the overhyped stuff.

Old Tub has the typical Beam nuttiness but with nice deep tones of dark fruit and a little sweetness too. Think a fancy PB&J (but not too fancy). Being NCF, it has a nice mouthfeel and medium finish. It’s very easy to drink neat and very easy on the wallet, which makes this bourbon a win-win. And because it’s only $20, most of the taters will pass it up while they pay ungodly prices for bottles marked up 10x more than they are worth.

So, next time you head to the store and are tempted to buy that $90 bottle of Booker's in a fancy box (don’t do it), keep walking and scan the lower shelves. $20 BiB NCF Old Tub says hi.

Click image for larger version  Name:	A5B18A58-058A-4358-94C6-3DC6C6825F6C.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	11.4 KB ID:	894381

Great tip! I'll look for that!

Even William BiB has been my go to, every day bourbon for a while.

Comment

I can't do a nutty bourbon, but this is really cool for the history, thank you for sharing!

If you want another great buy in the inexpensive but good BiB bourbon, look for Early Times, it's about $25 for a 1L bottle and well worth it at that price IMO.

Comment

• ColonialDawg
        ColonialDawg commented
        Editing a comment
        Brother I really want to try that one but we don't get it here in VA. Being an ABC state sucks.

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here