Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

High West Distillery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

High West Distillery

I highly recommend both the Double Rye Whiskey and American Prairie Bourbon - both are solid pours at a reasonable/fair price.

I’ve been curious about the Rendezvous Rye, Bourye, and Yippe Ki Yay but all three are $80 a bottle. I haven’t had the courage to pull the trigger on any of those, especially since they have been replacing the older whiskeys in those bottles with their own younger whiskey. Has anyone tried any of those 3 and what did you think?

I do want to try A Midwinter’s Night Dram, but it’s hard to find where I live.

I have th Double Rye, an enjoy it very much. A great dram, fiery an spirited.

Haven't tried th American Prairie Bourbon, yet.

Comment

High West Double Rye is on my to-get list, thanks for the recommendation! About the others, I'm very leery of anything in that price range, it's just not necessary IMO. There are some excellent $30-40 ryes out there. Anyway, I haven't had the ones you're asking about, but I have had Peerless. It is excellent, but so is James Pepper 1776 Rye, and it's ~$30.

Comment

• ColonialDawg
        ColonialDawg commented
        Editing a comment
        I am too, Huskee. I’m willing to pay if I know it’s good, but $80 is a lot especially if you end up not liking it. The Double Rye is very good, though. I found a bottle of Wild Turkey 101 Rye that I can’t wait to try.

I went to the distillery in Park City. Food is good there too!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here