Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Old Dominick Bourbon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Old Dominick Bourbon

Yesterday I was in a ritzy part of SoCal where celebrities live. There was a store named the "Liquor Grotto" so I had to check it out (what the hell does grotto mean?)

Anyway, they had a lot of unique stuff so I asked the owner "I'm looking for something different in the $30-50 range. He recommended OD bourbon...and it's legit! Apparently the only Memphis distillery and has been around since 1866.

Bevmo nor anyone else here sells it. 100 proof...I like to use ice but not necessary here. Butter smooth and is a high rye bourbon. This will be added to my budget deals along with...Henry McKenna, Tullamore Dew, George Dickel 12 & Slane.
    Last edited by Larry Grover; February 20, 2019, 08:17 PM.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20190220_130639.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	132.2 KB
ID:	638794

Comment

Nice! I love ryes and high rye bourbons. I would say the customary "I'll have to watch for this" but it sounds like watching will do me no good in these parts. If I do see it though....

Comment

I just grabbed a bottle of Old Forester Straight Rye. It's pretty good. I'm not usually a fan of drinking rye neat - I like to use it for Manhattans and Old Fashioneds. But this was pretty tasty. And $20.

Comment

• Larry Grover
          Larry Grover commented
          Editing a comment
          Have you tried Old Forester standard bourbon? My Costco is selling huge bottles for $20. Looks like a steal but dont want to get stuck with rocket fuel with no taste.

• Buck Flicks
          Buck Flicks commented
          Editing a comment
          I haven't, but based on the Old Forester 1920, 1910, and Straight Rye, I have to think it's going to be pretty good. I expect that at the least, it'd be as good or better than Beam or Wild Turkey standards.

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here